7-I put a lot in this Chapter :)

"Amy, you'll die if that same wolf doesn't turn you into one of us."

Shadow's words continuously echoed in my mind. I found myself shivering uncontrollably, and I hugged myself to make it stop. Before I had realized it, Shadow enveloped me into his arms, trying to calm me.

My eyes drifted closed against his chest fur, and I buried my face into it.

Wait.

Black fur.

With white chest fur.

And red eyes.

Is he.. Nathaniel's son?!

He was the child I had gone looking for in the woods that one day, and it was a cub, with black fur and red eyes that had bitten me.

So, it was Shadow?

I looked up at him carefully, trying to read his expression. It seemed that he had followed that same line of thinking.

"This is all spinning wildly out of control," he said to himself, apparently not thinking that I would hear. He seemed completely numb to my presence.

He pulled away and tugged on a jacket and snow boots.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To a cave nearby," he answered as he ties his boots. "I think it might have a way to save your life without you needing to be turned."

"Why do you care?" I couldn't help but ask.

"Because it's my fault, Amy, and you know it. I can't have you die because of me, alright?"

"Let me come with you, then," I demanded, grabbing his arm before he could leave. I decided against telling him it wasn't his fault because I knew I couldn't really convince him.

He shook his head and began to reply, but I interrupted him before he could get anything out. "Damien and his pack can attack at any time while you're gone. I'm safer with you."

Shadow's gaze softened as he realized my point. He nodded once and waited for me to get warm things on before we ran out of the cabin. I managed to scoop up the staff and strap it to my back as we sped away.

The cold air rushed by my face and my quills swayed back and forth as I ran behind Shadow. He kept a good pace so that I was able to follow, but little did he know that I was keeping up easier than he thought.

The hedgehog glanced my way and noticed that, and ran just slightly faster. I smiled, accepting the challenge and sped up with him, running side by side.

His eyes widened even further and he dared to speed up just a little more, and I worked to stay next to him.

He gave one final burst of speed and I pushed myself forward, managing it, to my surprise as much as his. We kept the fast pace all the way to the cave.

I slowed down before he did, completely out of breath. Slowly I regained my breath and walked in slow circles because it wasn't really good to just stop after a run like that.

He seemed almost as out breath as me, but he recovered a lot faster. "That was impressive," he breathed.

"I like to do a lot of athletics," I smiled. "You should try me at a good game of soccer."

He smiled back, a rare occurrence that strangely made my heart skip a beat. "I might take you up on that," he replied.

Suddenly he straightened, looking into the cave. "Somethings not right," he whispered.