Possessiveness - Part 1

( Not proof-read ; hindi is not my mother tongue, so if there is any mistakes, feel free to message and correct me. Thank you in advance (: )

__________

Bela kept staring at her husband, from where she stood on the stairs. She couldn’t get her eyes off his body. The black shirt he was wearing fitted perfectly and its sleeves were drawn up to the elbows, giving Bela an amazing sight of his muscles. Bela sighed.

Ever since she realized she was madly in love with this Adonis husband of hers, she couldn’t help but glance at him whenever she could. She knew that at this point, it was totally obsession, but couldn’t care any less. She wasn’t aware she was staring, until his rasping voice brought her out of her watching session.

“What do you want?” he asked with an annoyed look on his face.

Bela noticed he was at the foot of the stairs and that she was clearly in his way. She took a deep breath and went downstairs. She tried not cringe when Mahir took a step back as she came face to face with him. She looked closely at his face. Despite sounding annoyed, Bela could clearly see the concern in his eyes. He wanted to show her, he was unaffected by her, but Bela knew better. Mahir tried to get past her to go upstairs, but Bela blocked his way.

“What do you want?” he repeated roughly.

“Aapse baat karni thi.” Bela replied casually.

“Lekin main tumse baat nahi karna hai.” Mahir said, while getting past her successfully this time.

Before he could take another step, Bela grabbed his shirt, tripping on her sari in process. Mahir took hold on her waist before she could fall and held her closer, while Bela grabbed his neck with the other hand. They were both taken aback and stared at each other. Mahir could feel her frenetic heartbeats. It made his own heart skip a beat and he didn’t know what to think anymore.

“Thank you” she muttered.

“What do you want with me? I am not Yuvi. I guess you’re mistaken. Tumara Yuvi nahi hoon main. Toh tu hamesha mere peeche kyu aati hai?” He said harshly.

He saw her getting teary-eyed and felt bad for talking to her like this. But Mahir was a heart broken man and this was his way of shielding his heart from anymore pain.

“Yuvi mera nahi hai. And no thank you, this time, I am not mistaken. Aapse hi baat karni thi mujhe.” Bela replied back.

“What do you mean by this time?” Mahir asked confused.

Bela opened her mouth to reply, but then closed it again. She sighed. She didn’t know where she should start, to explain it to him. All their misunderstandings started when Yuvi came back on the eve. Bela groaned with frustration. This bastard was back and brought chaos in her already troubled life. She knew she was to blame too. She was so stupid, she didn’t verify if it was indeed her husband she was confessing her love to. Now the man she was head over heels in love with, thought she was in love with his brother.

A sharp pain on her waist brought her back from her thoughts.

“What new trick are you planning Bela? What new scheme are you going to come up with this time?” Mahir asked her, grabbing her waist more abruptly, making Bela hiss with pain.

“Arrey, ab kya naya drama hai? Looking for attention are we? Lekin Yuvi is nowhere to be seen, so what is the point of all this?” Mahir insisted while pressing harder on her waist.

Bela was shocked by his words and actions. She swallowed her tears back and removed herself from his hold.

“You know what? Leave it. Aapse baat karna hi bekaar hai. I was a fool for wanting to explain.”

“What is there to explain when I heard and saw everything?” Mahir retorted with hurt.

“Mahirji, “most misunderstandings in the world could be avoided if people would simply take the time to ask : what else could this mean?”* But you? You didn’t even give me the benefit of the doubt. It’s been 8 months now since we are married. I thought you knew me better. But I guess I was wrong.”

“Oh so now it is my fault?”

“No Mahirji. Meri hi galti hai. Shayad aapse shaadi karne ke liye, mujhe haan nahi kehna chahiye thi. Look like you regret this wedding now.” Bela almost whispered.

With that, she made her way to the kitchen, leaving a furious and confused Mahir behind.

(*“Most misunderstandings in the world could be avoided if people would simply take the time to ask, “What else could this mean?”” – Shannon L.Alder.)