Possessiveness - Part 3

( Not proof-read ; hindi is not my mother tongue, so if there is any mistakes, feel free to message and correct me. Thank you in advance (: )

__________

They both kept staring at each other for a while, till Mahir decided to take few steps in her direction.

"Bela. How did you hurt yourself?" he asked urgently, now standing in the middle of the kitchen.

Bela who was surprised he was here, but also still annoyed about their conversation and her thoughts, turned around, to look for a broom, in order to clean the mess she had made.

"I am not hurt at all." She retorted drily.

"What do you mean by "I am not hurt"? I can clearly see that you are!" Mahir snapped. "Kya yeh mere wajah se hui hai? Did I hurt you while holding back there?" he asked more softly this time.

"Chot hui hai ya na hui, aapko kya farak padta hai?"

"Farak padta hai, isliye pooch raha hoon." Mahir said, exasperated

"Oh acha. There's no need for that! Drama kar rahi hoon main, so no need to lose your time worrying about me." Bela repied, looking at him with defiance.

Mahir was abashed by her reply but he also knew he had been wrong.

"I am sorry. I didn't mean it. I was angry. I still am, I guess but anyhow, I shouldn't have said this."

He could see she was surprised by his apologies and took this opportunity to get closer to her. He grabbed her waist and proceeded to pull her sari. Bela, who was amazed by his words because she didn't at all expect, was drawn back to her surrounding, when she felt his hand on her waist.

"What are you doing Mahirji?" she asked with a trembling voice, attempting to push him away.

"Stay still Bela and let me see. Please." Mahir told her sternly.

"No," Bela replied back, still struggling to get out of his hold. "I already told you I am not hurt. Even if I was, it is none of your concern. And what do you think you are doing right now?

"It is my concern, because I am your husband." Mahir said casually, leaving Bela agape. "And I am taking a look at it myself, because you don't want to tell me about it."

Bela was too shocked to react, making it for Mahir easy to check on her.

Mahir lifted up her sari and was overwhelmed on seeing her wound. His guilt worsened and he looked at her with sadness.

"How did this happen?"

"I'm fine." Bela, who had sensed the change in his posture immediately, forgot all their bickering and tried to reassure him. She took hold of his arm with on hand, while the other went straight to his chest. She was relieved when he didn't push her away. "It is not your fault at all. I swear. It happened last week during Shaan fiasco. It will heal by itself."

"Why didn't you say anything when it happened?" Mahir asked angrily. "I would have called a doctor. Look at it now. It is still a bloody gash."

"Mahirji, it is not like everything was smooth lately, for me to come tell you casually about a wound of mine!"

Mahir, who knew she had a point, didn't want to back down despite it.

"Yeah I agree, but it's not like it's my fault, is it?" he retorted, releasing her to go get some haldi.

"Mahirji, can we have a discussion without arguing on who is right or wrong?" Bela said with annoyance. "Fine I am wrong. I know I am but you didn't give me time to explain. And don't tell me what explanation is there to give when you heard it yourself!" she said rolling her eyes. "I know you heard it but despite of that, I have an explanation."

Bela said in a go and when Mahir was next to her again, a look at his face, and she knew he was finally ready to hear her out.

Mahir knew he had to let her explain things, as he too wanted an explanation. Hearing her last statement, he smiled. Count on Bela to make it sound he was at fault, when it was her who messed up things to start with!

Having found the haldi, he made his way towards her again. He grabbed her by her waist, carefully this time, and pulled on the kitchen counter, making her gasp in the process.

"Ma ..Mahirji. What are you doing?" she stammered.

"Giving you the opportunity to explain whatever you want to. Meanwhile, let me take care of your wound." He replied with tact.

Bela who was too bewildered by this side of his, just nodded as she couldn't form any words.

Mahir came closer to her and moved her sari, leaving the waist bared, in order to apply the haldi on her wound. He could feel her shivering and this made him rejoice.

"It's when you want Bela. I have all my time today." he taunted her, knowing her predicament.

Bela, who was overwhelmed by his proximity, couldn't think straight and was having trouble aligning two words.

"Woh...main..Mahirji..I..."

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!"

Taken by surprise, both Mahir and Bela jumped. Bela was brought back to reality and processed to cover up herself, while Mahir shielded her with his body, and at the same time glaring at his younger brother who had just entered the kitchen and was looking at them with an unpleasant look.