Possessiveness - Part 2

(Not proof read)

Bela was restless. Leaning against the kitchen’s counter, she took a deep breath to calm herself. She knew Mahir had the right to be angry, due to the actual situation, but still she annoyed by his reaction. She stayed in this position for a while and a smile drew on her face. This reaction proved her husband really cared for her and did indeed have feelings for her. Not that she ever had any doubts. She was the one who had decided to turn blind to all his actions and words towards her. She always made sure she kept her distance from him, because she couldn’t get attached to him. He was after all her lover’s murderer. Bela closed her eyes as the memories flooded her mind yet again. Vikrant was meant to be her life partner, but he was snatched from her before they could even be together. They waited for so many years, and their dream was shattered in a mere moment of fun. She had been so heartbroken and angry, that she had vowed for vengeance! And there she was. In those murderers’ house! She never wanted to get married to anyone else, but that was the only way for her to get close to her enemies. Now that she was here, she couldn’t help feel something was amiss. Mahir wasn’t the one she expected him to be. He was always very gentle and sweet to her, and his mother was his world, he could even get the moon if she asked for. Was all of it a drama? After living with him for so long now, she was certain, he was genuine in everything he did. So how? How could such a lovely and amazing person be a murderer? Had she been wrong in her judgement? Was she so appalled and sad that unlucky, she misinterpreted what she saw? Bela uff-ed with annoyance. She knew she didn’t have to be thinking about all this, because Mahir shouldn’t be important to her. Shouldn’t, being the key word. For that man, was so charming, he made himself a soft place in her heart, without her even knowing about it, in the first place. He had gotten under her skin and it didn’t even annoy her anymore. She had learnt to accept him, even if she ever loved someone else before. And then, was it really love, Vivrant and her felt for each other? Everything with Mahir was so different. He never rushed her into anything she wasn’t comfortable with and he always asked about her feelings first, whereas Vivrant was more forceful and imposant imposing. Bela was pissed she was thinking about all this. She shook her head to drive the thoughts away and turned to take a glass from the kitchen buffet. In the process, her waist hit the counter’s corner, reliving the pain again, making her grunt loudly. She moved her sari aside to take a look at the wound and noticed it was bleeding again.

Mahir, who was furious and annoyed after Bela’s last sentence, wanted to get an explanation. What was there to ask when he heard her professing her love to someone else? Now she was having regrets for marrying him? What did she think he was?A consolation prize? He had made sure to ask if she wanted or not to get married to him and she had said yes! He never forced her to do something she didn’t want to. Now, that Yuvi was back, she was having second thoughts. If she thought she’s get away from it this time, she was totally wrong! In order to make things clear, Mahir followed her to the kitchen. The sight in front of him, made him mesmerized, he totally forgot what he came for. Bela was leant against the counter, with her eyes closed. Her faced went from annoyed to amused, then to pained and confused. Mahir was perplexed. It made his anger decreased.  He felt he couldn’t understand her anymore and he wished they could have a civilized conversation. He decided he’d proposed peace offering and get on being civilized to each other again. Before he had the chance to utter a word, he heard her hiss in pain and all his senses were on duty. He saw her move her sari and the big wound on her waist made his heart skip a beat. She was lying. She had indeed hurt herself and he had accused her. He knew her anyway. He knew she wouldn’t get to this point to play with him, but he was angry and hurt. He had her that “speaking when you’re angry, made the best speech you’d ever regret”*, and he was now sure of it! He took a deep and decided to get to her. He knew he had to make his heart light concerning the actual situation, and most importantly, he had to apologize.

“Did you hurt yourself because of me?” he asked.

Bela who hadn’t heard him at all, was startled and hurriedly put her sari in place, dropping the glass in process. It was followed by death silence, while they both stared at each other, one with hurt and the other with a lot of questions and concern.

(*“Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret. – Ambrose Pierce.”)