Possessiveness - Part 4 (Last part)

(Not proof read)

Bela hopped down the counter after adjusting her saree, while Yuvi walked towards them. She was annoyed being disturbed by him, especially now when she had a perfect occasion to explain everything to her husband but with him here at this moment, she knew trouble was coming. A look at the devil and Bela knew he was going to create a scene yet again. She took a step forward and placed a hand of her husband’s arm. His rigid posture told her he was boiling. She looked at him sideways and saw he was fuming and grabbing the haldi bowl firmly. Before she had the time to utter a word, Yuvi grabbed her hand, driving her a little bit away from Mahir.

“Bela baby. What happened? Is something wrong?” he asked too sweetly.

Bela wanted to get away from his hold, but he kept holding her arm firmly.

“Yuvi I am fine. Can you leave my hand now?” she answered back bitterly.

Mahir, who was still rooted on the spot, watched both of them and fisted his other hand angrily. He caught Bela’s stare and realized she was feeling uneasy and this got him confused a little.

“Bela baby, how can you say you fine? When bhai was going to apply haldi? Are you hurt? Let me see where.” Yuvi continued, talking a step closer to her.

“Yuvi, I.am.not.your baby!”, Bela spitted slowly for him to understand, “and what do you mean let you see? Are you mad? Leave me. Now!” She said with an air of finality, whacking his hand away from her.

Mahir was glad and surprised she put Yuvi into his place. Now seeing the scene unfold in front of him, she realized Bela wasn’t as comfortable with Yuvi as she was with him. This made him smile internally and he was happy about it. But his thoughts went back to the declaration she made to her brother. How much he wanted to believe her, he had heard and seen her himself and it just wouldn’t get out of his mind. Could she be right though? Did she really have an explanation and whatever happened wasn’t mean to happen this way? His chain of thoughts was broken by Yuvi’s voice.

“Oh come on baby. Why so upset? Tell me na. I am here to take care of you.”

“Are you..” Bela started, only to be interrupted by Mahir, who had gotten a little closer to her.

“Yuvi, are you deaf or something? Didn’t you hear what she said? She is not your baby.”

“Oh ho Bhai. She confessed her love for me yesterday so that makes her, my baby right. You were right there too and he heard her.” Yuvi said with a smirk, making Mahir ball his hand into a hard fist, his knuckles went white.

“I was there right just like I was supposed to be. You, on the other hand, is another story. You were not supposed to be here Yuvi, so now I think it was not meant for you.” Mahir retorted seriously, making Yuvi glare at him pissed.

Mahir knew he had been angry and had doubted Bela but after their encounter, he was sure now she wasn’t wrong and that he trusted her. His heart wanted to trust her.

Bela was amazed by his words and stared at him with awe. She couldn’t help fall in love a little more with him, after what he said. She knew this instant and he believed her. He was maybe still confused about the happenings, but he was willing to hear her side of the story. Most importantly, he believed her. She couldn’t help smiling when he looked at her, and she saw the look he had for her.

“Bela,” Yuvi emphasized on her name, showing he didn’t use the word baby this time, “why don’t you tell Bhai that it was indeed meant for me, uhh? And you Bhai, why don’t you give me this haldi so I can take care of her myself? You do not need to burden yourself to do it. I am here now so you do not need to do all this.” He concluded, snatching the haldi bowl from Mahir and looking at him defiantly.

Mahir who hadn’t expected this, was abashed and was about to tell him off, when he was interrupted by Bela.

“Yuvi, Mahirji is right. I do not love you. Never had and you know this. I don’t know how you can come here all of a sudden and be all possessive of me, when I was never yours to start with. I could have been but let me remind you that we didn’t get married and it is better this way. This is a huge misunderstanding and I know I am responsible for it and I am really. It was a mistake on my side and I didn’t mean to mislead you in any way. Heck, like Mahirji said, you are not supposed to be here. As for touching me like this again and again, I am not your property for you to do so, so please refrain from now.”

A heavy silence followed and Yuvi fumed while Mahir was astounded. He never expected her to be so frank and his heart swelled with happiness.

“Bela,” Yuvi spoke back, refusing to give up, “I am sure you are talking like this because you are exhausted. We were supposed to get married remember? And Mahir bhai is just the replacement groom. I am here now so we can fix everything to how it was meant to be.” He continued, rubbing salt in the wound.

“Yuvi, at that time, I was indeed the spare groom, but now I am the husband. So there is nothing to be fixed or taken care of, apart from my wife’s wound, and we do not need you for that.” Mahir retorted, snatching the haldi bowl from him.

Bela did her best to hide her smile and she was glad her Mahirji took a stand for her in this situation. She had once seen his jealousy but this time it was on point and it made her overwhelmed.

“And who are to decide that?” Yuvi refused to let go. He wasn’t going to let his brother roam his hands on his Bela. Their marriage was not to be and he knew it was all a charade.

“Her husband.”

“My husband.”

Both Mahir and Bela replied at the same and stared at each other. At this moment, they both knew. They knew their marriage had another chance despite how it had started in the first place. Bela knew she would have her chance to declare her love properly and Mahir was damn sure her declaration, was meant for him.

Grabbing her hand firmly, Mahir dragged her out of the kitchen, leaving an enraged Yuvi behind. This latter knew he would have a hard time creating chaos between them. He could clearly see how in love they were and he was disgusted on how Mahir didn’t even try to hide his possessiveness.