g.

I've changed Prince Leopold's face claim, due to a new route that I'll be taking this story in!

"Are you sure, m'lady—isn't it just a bit..." Marie turns to one of her ladies in waiting, who is bravely questioning her bold choice in fashion. "I mean nothing by it, your grace...I really don't mean any offense—"

"Oh, hush." She waves the girl away. "Yes, it's a brazen choice and yes I'm sure I will turn heads, but I am still able to choose my own gown for the evening, am I not? Has that choice been stripped from me as well as all the others?"

"I'm deeply sorry, your grace."

"I think you are dazzling, m'lady. Truly magnificent." Through the mirror, the princess smiles at her other maiden.

"Thank you, Elizabeth." The gown was very bold. Bold and a bit risqué and slightly scandalous. But Marie felt happy, for some reason. She felt confident and for once in a very long time, she felt beautiful. It was certainly lightyears beyond the times, but she was going to wear it. "Pull my hair back and twist it into a...oh, I don't know what to call it. A knot, I suppose?" Elizabeth did as her Princess commanded and much to Marie's liking, it was exactly what she'd envisioned. As she looked at her reflection in the mirror, she was taken aback by the girl looking back. 

Who was she? Had Harry really peeled away the scared little girl that she'd come here as, in a matter of mere days? Granted, she was still afraid

Who was she? Had Harry really peeled away the scared little girl that she'd come here as, in a matter of mere days? Granted, she was still afraid. Afraid to be a ruler...afraid to marry Leopold. Very much afraid to, somehow, live without Harry constantly by her side. Though she knew he'd be there, quietly. She was ready to embrace a secret life with him. Stolen moments in quiet corridors and fleeting touches...glances. Marie would take what she could get. Even if it was just a little bit of him. A fraction of his wonder.

"M'lady, the party has already begun." She takes one last look at herself.

"Let's move along then, shall we?" She picks up her dress and moves out of her chambers, her ladies following suit. As they glide down the hall, the joyful music grows louder and louder. The Great Hall is filled with color and she hears the girls behind her gasp. Though they're only there to aide the Princess, they still get to partake in the event itself. Marie had attended a number of these back in France. Of course, their's were always...over the top. This truly felt like a party. Marie's eyes scanned the room and she found Harry, just in time for him to notice her. In fact, it felt as though all eyes were on her. His were the only eyes that mattered. He seemed to have stopped mid-conversation, and his mouth dropped. His green irises were radiant and captivating as he took her in, and she was so utterly lost in him. So lost, she hadn't noticed her betrothed approaching on her left.