o.

Three or so weeks later...

It was an absolutely picturesque day to sail across the English Channel

It was an absolutely picturesque day to sail across the English Channel. The water was calm, the sky was crisp and vibrantly cerulean...there wasn't a cloud anywhere to be seen. Marie had a smile on her face as she stepped up on deck, the warm summer breeze gently greeted her and she willed it. The weather certainly bettered her already cheery mood. She and Leopold had just enjoyed three glorious weeks in both Paris and Nice, the latter being the honeymoon portion of their trip. Paris was spent with her icy parents, a few of her friends inside the castle and of course, gathering the rest of her vast wardrobe. Her dresses had been practically her only passion, as her parents chose not to give her much else to do. She spent her days working with wildly artistic and fashion forward designers who made her every dream a reality in her dresses and gowns. Lochmore would finally feel more like her permanent home. As the shore finally comes into view, she feels Leopold lean into her and he loops his arm around her hips.

"It doesn't look very daunting from here, does it?" Marie giggles and rests her cheek against his broad chest.

"No, it does not."

"That...is our kingdom."

"It is so beautiful from here...and up close, I suppose."

"I think so too." He squeezes her side. "Do you want to know what else is beautiful?"

"Me?" She grins up at him and he chuckles. "Because you tell me every day!" She palms his cheek softly. "Mon dieu, mon amour!" He continues to laugh and she joins him. His laugh is so very infectious, she truly adores him and the sound of him...his every sound is like music to Marie.

"Mon dieu, mon dieu...I just love you."

"You and your French...I'm very proud of you." She muses, feeling blissful and happy. He leans down and catches her lips in a warm, exceptionally loving kiss.

"Thank you, Princess." They both turn back to the approaching kingdom. "And I believe you just may be the most fashionable woman in the entire country...I'd even go as far to say the whole of Europe."