j.

She didn't say a word as she sat in the silver tub. The warm water had cooled slightly and her maidens quietly washed her with lavender and rose water. She was stoic and emotionless.

"Are you alright, m'lady?" Elizabeth asked her, carefully.

"Which of you are allowing Prince Harry to disgrace you?"

"Pardon, m'lady?"

"Who is sleeping with Prince Harry?!" All five of them are silent and clearly scared to answer. "I know all of you have been with him, but which two of you are sleeping with him as of today." She's not surprised when Elizabeth and Charlotte raise their hands.

"He's promised us things, my lady." Marie scoffs and stands up.

"He doesn't care about you—either of you! He is a man who seems to think he has no one to answer to. But what of your self respect? Your self-worth? In order to marry suitable men, you must be pure and untouched! Which you are not."

"He's...he's the Prince, my lady. We don't have much of a choice."

"Of course you have a choice!"

"Prince Harry has always gotten exactly what he wants. You don't argue with him, you do as he says."

"If he gives you a problem, come to me. I will handle it. Otherwise, I don't want to hear another word of you seeing him—that goes for every one of you." They nod, obediently. "If you willingly give into him, I swear to you, I'll find you work far from this castle, am I understood?" They nod again, though this time, its frantic.

"Good." Marie stands up, water droplets falling away from her slender frame as one of them covered her in cloth.

"Which dress will you be wearing to dinner, your grace?"

"The black brocade silk with the high neck."

Marie walked into the dining hall, feeling terribly guilty and taken advantage of

Marie walked into the dining hall, feeling terribly guilty and taken advantage of. Harry and the King were already sitting at the long table, and just the sight of him made her stomach turn.

She jumps as a pair of hands gently grabs her waist.

"Relax, my love...it's just me." She laughs softly with Leopold and he kisses her cheek.

"You startled me."

"I'm sorry." He says, sweetly. "Forgive me?"

"Of course." He takes her hand and guides them further in, just as Queen Louisa walks through the other entryway.

"Marie, darling...you are lovely! Come, both of you sit down." Marie is seated beside Leopold, who is across from his brother. Harry is already smirking.

"Leopold told me you had a wonderful day!"

"Oh, it was. It was spectacular, your grace."

"Leopold has loved the cliffs since he was a boy."

"I saw..." Marie says, as she smiles up at him. "He was on top of the world today." His hand reaches for hers beneath the table and he laces their fingers together.

"We both were. It was truly the best day." Everyone except for Harry seemed pleased with this. "Which brings me to this...mother, father...we've discussed it and if it's possible, we'd really love to be married tomorrow." Harry almost spit up his food and for a few seconds the attention was on him.

"I wish I could tell you that was possible, son." King Francis begins, "But your mother and I are leaving at first light for London. We'll be gone three days. The wedding will have to wait until we get back."

"But as soon as we get back, I promise, we'll have the wedding. I'll have them begin to prepare it tomorrow in the Great Hall. Leopold looks to Marie with a hopeful smile on his handsome face.

"I suppose we can stand to wait a few days."

"However will we make it?"

"I'm not sure we will." Harry scoffs and stands up from the table.

"I think I've heard enough of this to last me a lifetime." He says, rudely. "I have a headache and I'll be going straight to bed, please do not disturb me." Everyone watches him leave.

"What's gotten into him?" Marie just sits quietly as Leopold and the King and Queen converse lowly about his outburst. Soon enough, wedding plans are once again being discussed.