i.

The rest of the day was spent riding around. They rode the horses along the Mirrored Cliffs and through the Wildflower Fields. 

Marie laughed with her Prince and they kissed and she felt happier than she ever had in her entire life

Marie laughed with her Prince and they kissed and she felt happier than she ever had in her entire life. When the sun began to fall, they headed back towards the castle. Lune and Brego slowed to a steady trot as they entered the gates. They rode slowly through the grounds, to the stables...taking their time and enjoying it all the while.

"Have you seen the window overlooking the Western Cove?" He asks, as he lifts her off the saddle.

"I don't think so..."

"That's where the sun sets...it's incredible." He says, "If we hurry, we can make it before it falls." Marie smiles and takes his hand. They run around, through the Gardens in the West and when they reach the staircases leading into the castle, he pulls her up, knowing that she's winded.

"I've not done this much running since I was a child."

"I can see that." He teases her. "Don't worry, we're almost there." They reach the top of the first staircase and she bends down, trying to catch her breath. "Too much?" He questions, feeling slightly guilty.

"I just need a moment." Marie's taken aback by his following actions. Swiftly, he picks her up as though she's light as a feather.

"We haven't got a moment, Princess." She laughs as he carries them up the stairs and once they're at the top, she slips down and takes his hand again, following him inside the West Wing. They jog down the corridor and then he pulls them into a narrow hallway. All she knows is that she's glad her shoes are flat and she's not in heels. Finally, they slow to a stop and Marie is at a loss for words. The sky is painted with warm hues of pink and orange and the sun is a deep scarlet as it sinks towards the green horizon.