Ch 5

I don't own Naruto or the Akatsuki. Enjoy.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    / / /

The group had piled in Chaos's Tahoe, a mess of bags at their feet. Chaos pulled out of the parking space and started on the way home when she was bombarded with questions.

"Who was that?"

"Why didn't you let us kill her? It was obvious that you don't like her."

"Who the fuck is 'God'?"

"What's college, yeah?"

"Why did she assume I was mute?"

Chaos laughed a little at Itachi's question. She turned down the stereo, basically telling Green Day to be quiet, before answering their questions.

"That was Alex. She was in dance with me but got kicked off because she didn't know how to do anything but lie and whine. Just because I don't like her doesn't mean I want her to die. She can be pretty fun to be around...sometimes. Plus, I'd rather not end up in jail for letting murderers loose on some chick.

"God is one of the main religious icons in this world. A good seventy percent or so of the American population believe in Him. The rest are atheists, agnostics, Buddhists, and more. America is known for allowing everyone to believe in what they want to. It's pretty awesome.

"In our world, you go to school for twelve years to learn the fundamentals and then you have the choice of going to college to help you make a career and be successful in life. I'm going to college one day...probably.

"Usually, when she flirts with guys, they respond in some way. She flirts with a guy, dates the guy for a while, and then dumps him to date someone else. She was probably really confused when you didn't show interest. By the way," she turned to look at Itachi while at a red light. "Thank you for not showing interest. I think I would've barfed if you did." The car laughed and Itachi smirked slightly. Chaos giggled and turned to face the road, pressing on the gas pedal.

"So, what should we have for dinner tonight?" she asked, turning onto the interstate.

"I want the shit we had for lunch," Hidan hollered from the very back, only his eyes visible over the back seats. Most of them nodded in agreement, others choosing to remain silent. Chaos smiled.

"Gotcha. Pizza it is."

x     x     x

"Honey, I'm home!"

The Akatsuki turned towards the front door, where Brise stood, shaking off her umbrella. About an hour after the Akatsuki and Chaos had arrived home, a loud thunderstorm broke through their area, leaving Tobi hiding under the kitchen table. Now he sat playing Pokémon with headphones in. While he sat listening to Pandora, Itachi was a step closer to having her phone figured out, now tapping in and out of various icons to see what they are. Kisame and Hidan had fallen asleep and Deidara was messing around on the laptop. Konan and Pein were talking quietly, most likely discussing ways to get back. Kakuzu and Sasori had torn apart the book shelves looking for a book that entertained them, Sasori's about philosophy and Kakuzu's about the human body. They'd switched books already, sharing similar interest in Chaos's library. Zetsu was tending to Derek, Chaos's cactus, who he had insisted on bringing inside when the storm ripped through. Chaos was in the kitchen, cleaning up from breakfast.