tres

sorry their relationship going so slow! im prepping for some ANGST maybe coming up soon! also, if you really need some good smut rn, go read maryinu's oneshot book, they have a great russiaxamerica chapter!

*a few days later*

Russia woke up to find that America was already awake. Neither of them were great about getting up early, but usually Russia woke a few minutes before America. Russia watched the other for a few seconds before deciding to talk.

"What are you doing," Russia kept all curiosity out of his voice as he looked at America, who was lying flat on his back in bed, staring at his phone.

"Trying to slide into some DMs," America muttered back, not really paying attention.

Russia had no idea what that meant, nor did he care to learn. Knowing America, it was probably some weird sexual term. He sighed and looked at the ceiling.

After a few minutes of staring at the ceiling - it wasn't very interesting, but was better than talking to America - Russia rolled out of bed and trudged to the bathroom.

Rooming with America was pretty boring to be honest. Russia had expected a lot more... shenanigans to take place, but America had only tried to make friends with him six times in a few days, which wasn't that much. Also, America was often busy hanging out with other countries, so he was barely in the room at all except to sleep.

Quickly brushing his teeth, Russia changed clothes in the privacy of the bathroom, making sure he looked decent enough before entering back into the room. America was still 'sliding into DMs,' as he put it, and looked nowhere near starting to get ready, despite class starting in ten minutes. Without another word, Russia pulled on his shoes and left the dorm room.

Russia walked alone to class, which was in a large building halfway across campus. The cool morning air felt good, and although he was only half-awake, the brisk breeze made him open his eyes a little wider.

When Russia arrived at class, it was nearly empty except for a few smaller countries. He sat in a desk near the front and waited.

In the next few minutes, countries filled the classroom, chattering loudly. China sat next to Russia, offering him a nod which Russia returned. The teacher, a short lady Russia had never seen before, called for attention and took attendance as everyone sat down in their desks.

The classroom door burst open. "I'M HERE!" America shouted, jacket half on and papers spilling out of his backpack. A few countries snickered, and Russia smirked.

"Mr..." the teacher peered at her attendance list. "America. "Please take a seat. I won't mark you tardy today, but - "

"Thanks teach!" America shouted, running to the back of the class and clambering over a few people before he reached an empty desk he liked.

The teacher waited until the sounds died down and then sighed. She started talking, but Russia instantly tuned her out, a bad habit cultivated by twelve years of dull teachers.

After a few minutes of mindlessly staring at the whiteboard, Russia hmmed quietly. Maybe I should pay attention, Russia thought to himself before rubbing his thumb over his fingernails, dismissing the idea. I'm sure nothing important is taught in the first few days.

A piece of paper dropped onto his desk. Russia stared at it for a moment as his brain slowly started registering the teacher's words.

"We're going to start off today with an easy worksheet, just to get a feel for what you know," she walked around the class, dropping identical papers onto everyone's desk. "Take your time with it, and try to fill it out ot the best of your ability."

Worksheet. Russia could do that.

He dropped his hand down next to his chair to find a pencil in his backpack.

He huffed a sigh. Great. Not only had Russia forgotten a pencil, he had forgotten his entire backpack. He tapped his deskmate on the shoulder. "Hey China, do you have an extra pencil?"

China took a moment to dig in his bag, resurfacing with a handful of pencils, ranging from yellow, to mechanical, to sparkly. He offered them all to Russia.

After a second of debate, Russia picked a purple mechanical pencil. "Thanks. I'll give it back after class."

"Don't worry," China said, shoving his handful of pencils back into his bag. "You can keep it, I have a bunch." He displayed his open backpack to Russia, which was full of pencils. What the actual fuck.

Russia shrugged and turned to focus on his worksheet.

04/02/19