Chapter Five

(y/n)'s POV

I grinned as Christine came back from the counter, froyo in tow. She handed me mine and set hers down, walking away again.

"Just a sec, we need napkins!" She announced to me, having just paused for a moment before marching off, ignoring the stares from the other patrons of the crowded Pinkberry. I waved her goodbye as she walked away, but she turned to make a stupid face at me. I flashed a smile her way.

She almost tripped on her way to the napkins.

What a graceful creature Christine Canigula was. My lips were tugged farther into a smile just thinking her name. But to be fair, she had a cool name. It was almost as gorgeous and interesting as her.

She turned back to me with a metric fuck-ton of napkins and held them up in victory. I laughed at her adorable antics, eyes following her prance and jumped and skipped back to our table. She smacked them down and sat in her chair, nearly falling to the ground.

"Are you a newborn horse?" I laughed. She smacked my arm.

"Unfair! I'm really great and graceful and you just don't appreciate this," she gestured wildly at herself, feigning frustration and anger. I could tell she was fighting back the biggest smile, no matter how hard she tried to hide it.

"Yeah no, I think I'm good," I said, taking a spoonful of froyo. My eyes widened at the flavor and I scooped another spoonful and held it out to her.

"Try this, it's amazing," I squealed. She grinned and took it gratefully. Her eyes widened as mine did seconds ago.

"That's delicious, I'm getting it next time!" She informed me excitedly. I nodded.

"Yeah, fruity ones are always the way to go when it comes to this stuff," I said, gazing into her eyes. She was really pretty when she was excited for passionate, which to be fair was most of the time. But I was rarely this close when her face lit up like that. It was like a lightbulb that lit up for the very first time. She was amazingly beautiful when her face brightened in obvious joy at seeing something she loved. I kinda wished she'd look at me like that all the time, not just when I fed her froyo.

Christine's POV

Was it creepy to watch a cute girl eat when she was looking down? Because I was definitely doing that, but oh well, am I right?

She was just texting her mom, but she was really cute when she looked down at her phone. I sneakily took a spoonful of her froyo, because even if she noticed she'd be cool with it, I was sure.

"You'd better at least give me a bit of yours if you're gonna steal mine," she told me, without looking up from her phone.

"Yeah sure, it's not as good though," I agreed, before promptly putting my spoon in my mouth. I leaned back and closed my eyes from how delicious this stuff tasted.

"Food-gasm much?" (y/n) teased, making my face heat up.

"(y/n)!" I slapped her arm, screwing my eyes shut. She laughed. It was one of those really unique laughs that made your chest feel full after hearing it. She always said it was ugly, but how could something that expressed so much joy be anything less than beautiful? The sound made my heart flutter a little bit. Where's that logic, how does it even do that? Weird, I tell you.

"I get it, I get it. I'm sorry, you okay?" She had finished her laughing, and sounded concerned. I then realized something.

I had yet to open my eyes.

So, obviously, at the thought I opened them up because I'm a freak, what the heck, why am I like this? She'll never be into some girl who just forgets to open her eyes, despite sight being her most used sense.

I. Was. An. Idiot.

"You alright there? Was what I said super mean? I'm so sorry I didn't mean to offend you or anything I hope you can forgive me!" She squeaked. I shook my head wildly.

"Nononononono! I'm just stupid, that's all!" I explained. She sighed in relief.

"You're not stupid Chrissy, but you scared me! Don't do that again!" She scolded playfully, but I could see the truth behind her words in her eyes.

"I won't, sorry," I apologized. She smiled.

"Want the last couple bites of this? I'm pretty full from my lunch today." She offered. I perked up and nodded.

"You're the best person that has literally ever existed in the history of the universe, like even better than Barrett Wilbert Weed, thank you, thank you, thank you!" I squeaked, grabbing her bowl with about 3 bites left.

"I know," she jokingly flipped her hair over her shoulder. She was really pretty when she did that. Or when she did anything.

Yes hello my name is gay, nice to meet you.

I felt an urge to say that out loud but I wasn't out to her yet. She was out to me as gay, but I was still scared to do the same, no matter how much I trusted her and how safe I felt with her by my side.

I scooped some of the froyo into my mouth to take my mind off it.

It was some dang good froyo.

(910 words)