3. The Good Ol' Switch-a-roo

A/N: Gonna experiment with the points of view in this one, if it's too confusing let me know.

------------------------------------------

Even though he insisted to walk you home first, you wanted to walk Finn home instead for no other reason than see the landscape during a sunset, it was much more breathtaking in comparison to the closed cramped area you lived in.

The walk back home was calm. After all, an entire day of chasing a giant chicken was enough to tire anyone out, except for this adventurer. He was just as chirpy and energetic since the day started.

Given that you did a lot of rambling back at the diner it was Finn's turn to talk to his heart's content, it was a simple conversation composed of a the boy talking about a certain topic and you would give your opinion. The activity was fitting for the soothing sunset surrounding them, the sun's array of orange and pink colors was beginning to hide under the night's dark blue and purple hues, similar to a nocturne blanket covering onto the grasslands and all of Ooo. Almost like a mother preparing her child for a night of slumber.

That was the kind of night both you and fern were expecting to have, a restful night of sleep in a comfy bed. However, if there is one thing that was learned today is that things don't always go to plan.

As you two reached the tree house you could hear a faint noise in the distance, something with a beat to it.

"What's that?" you asked, to which the fake Finn shrugged but deep down he had a small idea of what it could be.

The two adventurers ran up to the top of the hill where the noise became louder and clearer until your ears recognized it as music, it didn't take long for you and Finn to reach the top of the hill and notice how the tree house was more upbeat and active than usual. With fluorescent neon lights shining past the windows, people having dance offs in the yard with glow in the dark stick in their hands and just general laughter and music.

You were surprised to see the tree house turn into some sort of huge rave, but Fern on the other hand knew that Jake had a natural talent at organizing house parties.

"Well then. This is as far as I'll go" you took a step back with small laugh, digging your hands into your pocket. "I'm not one for parties" you explained.

"You sure?" the adventurer looked towards the party at the bottom of the hill, where he could see someone being held upside down as a barrel of cream soda was poured into his mouth. "Right... it's cool, I can head home from here" Finn sighed before lifting a hand in a small wave. "Catch you on the flip side" the young man said his goodbyes as he made his way down the hill.

"See ya later" you waved back in a simple gesture. Turning on your heel you were ready to head back home as well but without any company this time, at least you'd be able to enjoy the large skies covered in stars.

Or that's what you thought.

"Hey wait up!"

Your boots made a dry halt as you turned around to see who called out your name, their voice was... almost feminine? and somewhat familiar. You turned around to notice a floating purple cloud made their way up to you along with other three figures.

"Girl where are you going? the party is on the other side!" lumpy space princess snapped at you in the company of three other females you identified as breakfast princess, hot dog princess and slime princess.

You were visibly confused as to why these princesses approached you in the first place, that was until you remembered an incident where you and Finn rescued them from ice king's fionna and cake fanfic readings about a month ago.