×| TWO |×

PLATFORM NINE AND THREE QUARTERS was packed to the breaking point with wizards and witches, young and old, preparing to either board the famous scarlet steam engine or to bid goodbye to their loved ones. Evelyn Fortescue stood in the midst of it all, receiving that yearly lecture that students always receive from their guardians in the minutes before they leave for school.

"You'd better behave this year, Evelyn." Florean Fortescue said, winking at his daughter.

"When have I not?" The young girl asked, smiling as she idly twirled a strand of her long, wavy, caramel brown hair around her little finger. Florean chuckled, his deep brown eyes lighting up. 

"One can never be too sure, there's no saying you won't act silly." he teased.

"I think you're talking to the wrong person Dad, Jason's the stupid one -, not me," Evelyn argued, motioning towards her brother.

"Hey!" Jason exclaimed.

"What? It's True!" Evelyn said, an amused spark in her sky blue eyes.

"Oi! I'm not the one who blames everything on their older brother, now am I?"

"Well, at least I don't supposedly forget to tell my family about my relationships for six months! How's Janet?"

"For the love of Merlin," the Gryffindor mumbled, running a hand through his wild, dark brown curls. "she's called June! And last time I checked, you've never been in a relationship!"

"That doesn't matter!"

"Yes, it does!"

"Says who?"

"Says me!"

"Oh, then it must be true." Evelyn said with a sarcastic eye-roll.

"Okay, okay - will you two stop fighting? You're doing my head in!" the siblings turned quickly to look at their mother - Grace Fortescue, a former Gryffindor - who held an intimidating sky blue stare, much like her daughters. 

"Sorry mum." the muttered in unison, not wanting to get involved in Grace's fiery temper.

"Good, now - make sure you make the team Evelyn. I need you to put that new broom to use - it's not there for decoration." Grace said - referring to the Nimbus 2001 that Evelyn had received for her fifteenth birthday that August. 

"Obviously." Evelyn replied, having been desperate to fly since she received the gift.

"Right. So, don't forget to send us letters - you two know how we like to-" Grace began to say before Evelyn cut her off.

"Know how we're getting on. We Know mum, you say the same thing every year!"

"Yes, well - I'm just reminding you."

"Honestly mum, you need to stop worrying." Jason said.

"I am not worrying - I just want things to go well this year, especially now that potter boy's at school."

"That's worrying mum." Evelyn sighed.

"No it's not - it's just-" Grace retorted, however, she was interrupted.