×| TWENTY - TWO |×

CHRISTMAS WAS EVELYN'S FAVOURITE HOLIDAY. Especially when it was spent in the winter wonderland of the French Alps. The food, the music, the fires, the gifts, the tradition - all of it reduced her to a grinning ball of sunshine that, after a mince pie or two, would soon be bouncing off the walls. The feeling of waking up to the smell of roast turkey wafting into the bedroom and the sound of Wizarding Christmas carols being played from downstairs was indescribable. Sitting around the Christmas tree with Adélaide perched on her lap and a pile of lovingly thought out gifts waiting for her, just inches away - well, she couldn't see how anybody could want anything more.

However, no matter how how much she adored the holiday and waking up to the festivities, she did not take very kindly to being awoken at six o'clock in the morning, even if it was by a sweet little girl who just wanted to ask her cousin for her presents.

"Evie! Evie!" Adélaide whispered, hitting Evelyn's nose repeatedly with her tiny hands, "Evie wake up! It's Christmas!"

"I'm trying to sleep Addie," Evelyn groaned, trying, and failing, to swat Adélaide's hand away, "go and wake up Candice instead. Or Jase, if you want."

"But we've got presents Evie! Come on! It's Christmas!"

"It's too early, is what it is." Evelyn replied opening her eyes to a squint. She could make out a bubbly little blonde girl rocking back and forth on the balls of her feet. Even from her makeshift sleeping arrangements, she could see that Margaux was still very much asleep in her bed on the other side of the room.

"No it's not! Please Evie! Come downstairs and I'll show you your presents! You've got lots and lots!" Adélaide begged. Evelyn groaned for a second time and forced herself up onto her elbows.

"Alright, alright." She yawned, pushing herself to sit up. Adélaide's face split into a grin as Evelyn beckoned for her to come closer, "But first, you have to wake up your sisters. Jason too. We don't want them to miss out on the fun, do we?" She whispered. Adélaide shook her head enthusiastically.

"No, they need to get up too!"

"Right, so go and Jump on Margaux's bed whilst I get up." Adélaide nodded, "Good girl, and make sure you jump lots and lots, so that she wakes up properly."

"Ok!" Adélaide said, running over to her sister's four poster bed and clambering clumsily on top of the duvet. Evelyn watched in amusement as her youngest cousin started to hop wildly at Margaux's feet.

"Stop it." Margaux growled, only half awake. She curled herself into a ball and pulled the duvet over head.

"Addie," Evelyn said, Adélaide looked around at her, still bouncing, "go and jump on her back!" The little girl nodded again and launched herself into her sister's back.

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" Adélaide chanted, "It's Christmas!" Margaux stirred, moaning lightly. Soon she gave in to the Adélaide's taunting and (with hair like a scarecrow) stretched and sat up, slouching in annoyance.

"It's Christmas, Gogo!" Adélaide exclaimed, "Come on! Let's go and see our presents!" She then dived off of Margaux's bed and dashed out of the door.

"Don't forget to wake up Candie and Jase!" Evelyn called after her, starting to stand up from the mattress on the floor. Margaux yawned, scratched her bed-head and rubbed her face before flicking her duvet from her body and swinging her legs off the side of the bed.

"I suppose that was your Idea, Evie?" She sighed. Evelyn chuckled lightly and stretched her arms behind her head.

"What can I say? At least you got to sleep in a few minutes longer than me."