×| FOUR |×

DURING THE FIRST FEW DAYS OF TERM, Evelyn found that all the professors would talk about were the OWL exams due to take place at the end of the year. They seemed to be drilling it into students heads that these tests were some of the most important tests they will ever take. Of course, most of what they said was true, but even the completely irrelevant bits were flying over most student's heads. On top of that, and much to the dismay of the students, more homework would be, and had been, handed out. The classes had also become considerably harder than the last year, but that was to be expected, and Evelyn was coping relatively well. She was perfectly fine with the extra studying she would need to do, even if it would probably interfere with other things like Quidditch, she knew that she would just have to manage if she was to have good job prospects. Max However, would not adjust to the extra workload. She was always trying to get Evie's notes off her and trying to copy her homework. Evelyn sometimes wondered how max had gotten into Ravenclaw because she wasn't the most active learner. Well, max wasn't the most active person in general...

"MAX!" Evelyn shouted, leaning over her best friend's bed. Max shot up from her bed and toppled out, completely tangled in her blankets.

"Merlin Evie!" she mumbled as she sat up, "what d'you do that for!?"

"It's half past eight and lessons start at nine. We can't be late so get dressed. And anyway, I thought you loved Hogwarts breakfasts?" Evelyn teased. Max growled but obliged and slowly began to get herself dressed.

"Max!" Evie laughed as her best friend threw a pillow in her face.

"Don't wake me up in future!" max Grunted as she stormed into the bathroom.

"Sure, but last time you woke up late, you asked me to!" Evelyn called before following after the blonde.

Once both max and Evelyn were ready, they headed out from the empty dormitory and down to breakfast.

"Hey, guys!" Jodie greeted them.

"Morning Jodie." Evelyn replied.

Max just yawned. Evelyn began to transfer a small number of scrambled eggs and sausages onto her plate whilst Max created a mountain of bacon and toast. She poured herself a glass of pumpkin juice and tucked into her breakfast.

"What do we have first Evie?" Max mumbled through her mouthful of toast. Evelyn sighed.

"Why do I have to memorize your timetable?" she asked.

"Because you are the best friend ever!" Max cooed. She batted her eyelids as Evelyn rolled her eyes. It appeared that Max had suddenly had an attitude adjustment.

"Why do I have to be so nice?" she grumbled, "you have Defense against the dark arts, Max, it's Wednesday."

"And you have..?"

"Oh heavens! I haven't the faintest idea! why don't you tell me, Max, seeing as we definitely do not have any core classes together!" Evelyn Proclaimed sarcastically in her best posh lady voice (she placed her hand over her forehead and sighed as she fainted into Max's lap, for emphasis.) Max grumbled something about sarcasm whilst pushing the girl off of her.

"You're so irritating sometimes." she said.

"I try." Evelyn said with a sweet smile.