×| TWELVE |×

MAX AND EVELYN HADN'T SPOKEN for almost a week. And the blonde frizz ball didn't seem to mind at all. Evelyn had noticed that Max had created a new schedule for herself, that had absolutely nothing to do with Evelyn.

Every morning, Max would wake up abnormally early (which actually ment around half six, but that was a ridiculous time for max.) Then she would be dressed, ready and out the dormitory door before Evelyn so much as batted an eyelid.

At breakfast, Max would sit as far away from Evelyn, Nikki and Ashton as she could. Then, she would stuff her face as fast as possible, and run off out of the hall without a word. Not caring that any one of her friends may be calling after her. That was the same for every meal of the day.

Even in lessons, Max would ignore Evelyn. She had moved seats in every class, often opting for the back so that there was no chance of Evelyn trying to talk to her. Even in Potions (where Evelyn was well known to be one of the best students) Max had abandoned all hope of much needed assistance, and had left Evelyn and Nikki alone at their desk.

Day in day out, dusk till dawn, twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, Max had avoided Evelyn without fail. Every time Evelyn tried to make conversation, Max would leave. Every time Evelyn tried to sit beside her, max would leave. Every time Evelyn so much as went near her, Max would turn the other way and never look back. It was getting to a point where Evelyn just couldn't take it anymore.

Her success rate in academics was falling rather rapidly - because she had hardly taken in a slither of information since Max first moved seats. There were always dark circles beneath her eyes, and she was constantly yawning - because the frustration, Intimidation and discombobulation Max had triggered bounced through her brain and demolished her night. Even ice cream making and Quidditch playing had lost their treasured ability to remove the hell from Evelyn's life - and all because Max wasn't there to try her new flavours, or Cheer her on from the stands.

They were all feeling it - Evelyn, Nikki and Ashton - Because a group of friends isn't complete when one of them isn't present. Now when any of them made a pun or a joke or a sarcastic remark, there was no true laughter to follow. Ashton would grunt, Nikki would hardly chuckle and Evelyn would force the smallest of smiles onto her lips. Now Nothing was any fun, because without the whole gang there to join in, none of them had the motivation to bother.

That was why Roger Davies decided to try and pull her out of the changing rooms himself.

"Come on, Evie." He soothed, shaking his silent teammate by the shoulders. Evelyn was sitting on a bench in the cold and empty changing room, staring solemnly at her untied Quidditch boot-laces that she had yet to find the means to do-up. Her puffy eyes were hidden from sight by the shadow the door cast over her. It would be clear to anyone who passed that something was wrong, as Evelyn hardly ever had any reason to mope about - and likely because her best friend was usualy there to brighten her mood.

"Give me a minute, Roger." She croaked. Davies sighed and sat down beside his fellow chaser.

"Look," he said quietly, "I get that you and Max had a fall out, and I get that you're upset - but maybe if you just come out and train a while, It'll take your mind off of all that nonsense flying around that far-too-big brain of yours." He tapped her forehead gently. Evelyn sniffed. Roger sighed again.

"Well, just come out when you're ready - even if you only train for a little bit, I'm sure you'll feel at least a little better after." Evelyn nodded as he stood up to leave.

"Oh and Evelyn," Roger added just as he reached the door, "you've got your robes inside out." Evelyn muttered a near silent thank you and Roger Crept out of the room.