×| EIGHT |×

"EVIE! EVIE! EVIE! EVIE!" CHEERED MAX from the Quidditch stands. The sky didn't seem to want Quidditch players flying through it on that grey Saturday, seeing as it tried to blow anyone who so much as stepped outside away. Professor Flitwick had advised that Roger reschedule the trials, however by the time they were due to be held, the wind had calmed down enough that Roger had decided to go through with the trials. Evelyn stood on the pitch, fully clad in her Ravenclaw Quidditch uniform, holding her broomstick firmly in her hand, and wearing her long, caramel brown hair in a ponytail high atop her head (something that only happened during Quidditch, or particularly windy days.) Around her stood other Ravenclaw students from second years to seventh years - some nervous, some dead confident, some looking like they would throw up at any second, and some just standing there, just letting their skills do the talking. Evelyn belonged to the latter category. After undergoing the same tryout procedures for the past four years, and being successful for the last three, she knew what the expectations were and she wasn't going to get stressed about it. In her opinion, it simply wasn't worth getting worked up over - she had been so worried before her first trials that she did throw up in the bushes before it, and then again whilst up in the air. She was such a nervous wreck that she didn't manage to throw the Quaffle at all (although she did manage to receive a week in the hospital wing after falling off her broom.) After the disastrous first attempt, she had forced herself to stay calmer, and the following year she had easily shown herself to be superior to the last year's chaser team.

"Alright!" Roger Davies yelled, startling a few of the younger students, "Now, I have only recently been appointed captain of the Ravenclaw Quidditch team, and so it will be necessary for all previous team members to be re-trialled in order for the most talented, dedicated and Experienced to make our team this year."

"Sure Roger! Now let's get to some Quidditch, yeah?" Grant Page - the team's keeper from the previous year - shouted back, not wanting to have to listen to the new captain's speech.

"Just a minute Page, Now, as I was saying - all previous members will need to try out again - and make sure to impress me, you might not make the team if there's somebody better than you. And to those who did not make last year's team, or didn't even try out - Good luck to you! I know how nervous you must be - but don't be! One of our best chasers threw up twice in her first trials, and fell off her broomstick after that." Roger said, giving Evelyn a half amused, half apologetic look, "Okay! So everyone just have fun and try your best because there are limited spaces and last years members do have the upper hand but-"

"GO EVIE! WOOO! YEAH!" Max screamed again, her curly blonde locks blowing all over the place and her Ravenclaw scarf flying in the wind behind her. Evelyn looked up and smiled at her friend - who had never really understood the game of Quidditch (being a muggle-born and all) but always supported Ravenclaw at every match and came to watch practice every so often to keep Evelyn company. Roger looked positively livid with her as the rest the Ravenclaws present began giggling, laughing and flying.

"Come on Roger!" Page yelled again as he soared through the air on his tired cleansweep three, "Who you going to try out first!"

"Oh, well, umm-" Roger mumbled, trying to pick the reigns back up, "Okay! Anyone interested in trying for seeker, please make your way over to me now!"

"Good luck!" Evelyn said to Cho Chang, Both of whom had flown high up into the air during all the commotion. Cho smiled, before zooming back down the pitch on her far too outdated comet two-sixty. Evelyn flew quickly over to Max and sat in the stands beside her.

"Do you think I should add a dance?" Max asked dreamily, staring at the Quidditch pitch in front of her.

"To what?" Evelyn asked.