The Blood King's Queen (Chapter Twenty-one the Final Chapter)

"Cora wake up!"

The blonde was awoken by a familiar voice followed by a loud beeping sound.

"I always believed you'd be able to defeat the King of Shadows and I was right," her  grandmother boasted.

Cora wondered if her ears deceived her. "But I wasn't really the one who defeated him technically it was Scarlet and the Tibicenas," She argued.

"Maybe the Tibicenas delivered the final blow, but everything was made possible by you,"

Cora raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"You're the one who brought all these people together. You're the one who inspires the people in your life to become someone better. Not to mention you tamed the Blood King. What I'm trying to say is I love you and I'm so proud of you."

She couldn't control the tears rolling down her cheeks somehow she knew this would the last time they ever spoke. "I love you too."

"It's time for you to go. They need you back."

Her sapphire eyes shot open. She was lying in a bed that wasn't her own. The steady beeping continued. Her body ached as she sat up. Her abdomen was wrapped in thick bandages, suddenly all the memories of the previous night came flooding back to her. She got stabbed! The steady beeping persisted to aggravate her. She realized the noise was coming from the heart beat monitor she was hooked up to. She glanced out the window and sure enough all of the dark clouds had cleared and all she could see was clear blue sky. She let out a long sigh hoping it would ease the pain.

A nurse popped into to the room and beamed when she realized Cora was awake. She proceeded to ask Cora a bunch of questions, most of which Cora answered to the best of her abilities even though she was still pretty out of it. Then the nurse ran out of the room and returned with her parents.

"What the hell were you thinking?" her mother exclaimed with teardrops in her eyes. "You could've been killed out there!"

Cora scoured through her mind looking for the right words to comfort her mother, but none came to her. "I'm sorry." Were the only words she managed to utter.

Her father tightly wrapped his arms around her. "I know I should be furious right now, but I'm just so happy you're alive," he whispered in her ear.

"What happened?" Cora asked wearily.

"You were stabbed!"

"What happened after that?"

"Your friend, I think her name was Val, called the authorities saying something about an evil wizard disguised as the prince," her father explained. "They assumed this was some kind of prank, but decided to send a few men down there just in case, and sure enough there he was. They saw him stab you from the far side of the arena, but couldn't stop him from hurting you in time. They brought you to the hospital and took him into custody."

"How long have I been unconscious?"

"They rushed you into surgery about six hours ago and you've been out since."

She let out a long yawn.This entire experience had exhausted her and right now all she wanted to do was fall fast asleep.

"Enough talk about that," her  father tried to change the subject. "Do you want me to get you some tea?"

The thought of tea made her stomach churn. "No thanks, I'll have a hot chocolate, please."

After her parents left, she napped for the rest of the afternoon. She felt much better apart from the stabbing pain in her gut. She needed a distraction. She turned on the tv.