Meeting the Boyfriend { preference }

Calum

”So, Zoë, when do I get to meet this boyfriend of your’s?” Calum asked his 16 year old daughter as she sat across from him at the dinner table. He hadn’t been too fond of his baby getting a boyfriend, but what made it worse was that they’d been dating for 2 months and He still hadn’t met the kid.

Zoë thought for a moment before responding. “Well, he’s taking me out to dinner tomorrow. You can meet him when he picks me up, I guess.” Calum smiled and nodded, satisfied. He was looking forward to meeting him, he was just a little worried that he wasn’t all Zoë cracked him up to be.

~

Calum stood at the window facing the driveway while Zoë finished getting ready. His daughter of course didn’t know he was waiting for her boyfriend’s arrival so he could talk to him one on one. ‘Hopefully Zoë had reminded him to come inside instead of just honking the horn and waiting for her to come to the car.’ Calum thought as he paced, looking out the window with each stride. A red car pulled in and Calum’s breath hitched. He wasn’t sure why he was nervous, he just wanted the best for his little girl, who wasn’t actually that little anymore.

A knock was heard at the door and Cal immediately rushed to open it. In front of him stood a teenage boy who looked…well, like a teenage boy. His hair was neatly piled on top of his head and he was wearing what Calum thought to be dinner date appropriate. “Good evening, Mr. Hood. I’m Kyle.” He reached out his hand to shake.

"Hello, Kyle. Zoë is still getting ready, come in." The worried father replied, swinging the door closed behind Kyle. "So, you’re taking my daughter out to dinner. Where are you going?"

Kyle smoothly answered with the name of the restaurant, adding that he knew it was Zoë’s favorite, that being the reason they were going there. Calum nodded, not quite knowing what to say next. “Listen, Kyle, you seem like you’re a nice kid and I’m not going to interrogate you, but just know if you hurt my daughter I will sma-“

He was cut off by his daughter. “Kyle! I didn’t know you were here!” She said running up to her boyfriend, hugging him, and kissing him on the cheek. Calum groaned and ushered them to the door, grabbing Kyle back by his sleeve. “Have her back by 9 or suffer the consequences.” He whispered threateningly.

"I will, don’t worry, Sir." Kyle responded with a grin before heading out with Zoë.

Ashton

Awaiting his children’s arrival home from school, Ashton decided that he would take his two teenagers grocery shopping after they did their homework. Usually Wednesday was grocery day, but his son, Matt had friends over for the weekend and there was now nothing to eat. So Monday was grocery day for this week.

As Ash wrote down a few things on the grocery list, the front door burst open to reveal Victoria, Matt, and…someone else? Who was holding Victoria’s hand…? Not remembering his daughter mentioning a boy, Ashton was very confused. He scrounged his brain for answers as to who it could be but couldn’t couldn’t come up with a name. His daughter would surely have told him if she entered a relationship.. right? 

Striding over to the three, Ashton greeted them. “Hey guys, who’s this?” He asked faking a smile and glancing at the boy and Victoria’s intertwined hands. It was silent for a second and the tension in the room was rising.

Matt, in an obnoxious voice, shouted, “VICTORIA HAS A BOYFRAAAAANNNNDDD.” Ashton’s face turned to stone and Victoria suddenly looked very nervous. She made an effort to form words but ended up just being a stuttering mess. Her father wanted to say a million things but didn’t think anything he could say would improve the situation. He was hurt that his daughter, who he’d supported her whole life, would keep such a secret.