{ hood }

"Right, now we’ve got to use our quiet voices when we go inside, okay? Mommy might still be asleep." Calum turned around in the drivers seat of the now parked car on their driveway, unbuckling Elizabeth from her car seat. Elizabeth placed her fingers on her lips and nodded at him a few times.

"Mommy’s lazy." Elizabeth whispered, an infectious giggle following.

"Mommy’s pregnant, and tired." Calum countered with a smile, exiting the car and rounding to the boot to grab their shopping bags.

Elizabeth hopped down from the car with her little legs and skipped up toward the front door in front of him, Calum now noticing the completely wonky parting he’d made when he attempted to do two plaits in her unruly hair.

"Can I have my chocolate bar, Daddy, please?" Elizabeth bounced on her toes to add to her already through the roof cute factor. 

Calum struggled to get the key in the front door amongst the shopping bags - placing them on the floor would be too easy of course. “Push the handle, Ellie.” Elizabeth pushed down on the handle and opened the door, continuing to skip through to the kitchen. “Remember what we said about quiet voices?” Calum reminded although she hadn’t made a sound just yet, it was better to be safe than sorry. No man could prepare himself for the wrath of an angry, tired wife at the best of times nevermind a pregnant one. 

"Which bag is my chocolate bar in Daddy?" Elizabeth whispered which made his lips twitch slightly as he hoisted the four bags onto the countertop. 

"How about you help me unpack and whoever finds it first can have it?" Unpacking shopping bags was never Calum’s favorite job, roping Elizabeth in to help him would make it a bit more fun at least.

"But it’s mine!" Elizabeth down turned her bottom lip into a pout with an impressive frown to match.

"Hey now, come on." Calum warned at her whining attitude, lifting her up to sit on the counter next to the bags. "If we work together we can share it okay?" Elizabeth nodded, still sat with a pout on her lips.

"Why is mommy always sleeping? Mommy says if you sleep all day, you can’t go to sleep at bed time." Elizabeth took the first item out of the bag and handed it to Calum. One thing he could never deny was Elizabeth’s habit of being a good listener. Too good, infact. Always catching himself and (Y/N) out in situations like this one.

"There are different rules for mommy. Mommy has to sleep because the baby makes her tired. Just like when mommy has to eat more for the baby she has to sleep more, too." Calum explained to his curious daughter.

"Daddy, it’s heavy." Elizabeth moaned.

"Yep, the baby’s heavy in mommy’s belly." Calum was too busy gazing over his daughters presence trying to fathom how he’d gotten so lucky to have not only her but another on the way before he noticed her tiny arms struggling with something in the bag.

"No, daddy. It’s heavyyy." Elizabeth huffed, a small brown curl blowing out of her face.

"Sorry, princess." Calum took the large gallon of milk from the bag and placed it in the fridge. "Silly me." Calum slapped his hand against his forehead with a ‘doing!’ sending Elizabeth into a fit of laughter.

"Silly daddy!" Elizabeth said between laughs as he done it again for her, making her squeal even louder.

"What on earth, are you two doing in here?" (Y/N) waddled into the kitchen as Calum slapped against his head once more, a stupid look on his face as he done so.

"Mommy look! Daddy’s silly!" Elizabeth thrust her finger toward Calum as he did it once more, Elizabeth squealing at the top of her lungs in hysterics and wiggling on her bum on the countertop with excitement.

"Very silly." (Y/N) yawned as she waddled further toward them, "Careful, baby." (Y/N) placed a gentle hand on Elizabeth’s knee to stop her squirming around.

"I promise we used our quiet voices," Calum mumbled placing a small kiss on (Y/N)’s cheek.

(Y/N) let out a breathy laugh, cupping one side of his face with her hand, “I was already awake, I heard you come in.”

"Mommy, how long until we see Alice?" Elizabeth asked as she tore open the wrapper on her chocolate bar she’d now found. Both Calum and (Y/N) looked at each other confused, both thinking the other had an insight as to who Alice was.

"Who’s Alice, princess?" Calum took the chocolate bar from her hands before it ended up all over her, breaking off a piece for both himself.

"That’s mine!" Elizabeth reached for the chocolate bar in Calum’s hands.

"What did we say about sharing?" Calum questioned.

"Work together, share together." Elizabeth grumpily replied before taking her piece from Calum and allowing him to have his own. (Y/N) subconsciously shook her head at the pair, knowing full well that Calum would have the exact same pout on his face that Elizabeth was currently sporting if she were to remind him we don’t eat chocolate before dinner time. They were too alike for their own good sometimes.

"What were you saying about Alice? Is it a friend from school?" (Y/N) brought the conversation back around.

"New baby Alice." Elizabeth stated with a full mouth as if it were common knowledge.

"Have you thought of a name for the baby, Ellie?" (Y/N) had gotten into a conversation about baby names with Calum sometime last week while they watched another generic tea-time gameshow whilst Elizabeth played with some toys on the floor.Always listening that child, (Y/N) thought. With only two more months before the due date, the ever growing bump was still nameless.

Elizabeth nodded with a smile. "Alice because Alice in Wonderland is my favorite film." (Y/N) was just thankful it wasn’t a character from Monsters Inc knowing that even Calum would’ve struggled to say yes to his little princess on naming his child ‘Boo’ or ‘Sulley’.

"Alice." Calum smiled over at (Y/N), a genuine smile as if contemplating the idea. 

"Better than Clementine." (Y/N) smirked. "Surprised you haven’t suggested it this time around."

"I was gonna’ wait until you were all tired, and out-of-it at the birth. Suggest it when you’ll say yes to anything to get me to shut up." Calum smirked back. "Oh, let’s wipe your hands little lady." Calum noticed Elizabeth’s chocolate smeared hands, swooping her off the counter to get some wet wipes.

(Y/N) stood, watching Calum and Elizabeth’s matching smiles with her hand on her stomach. (Y/N) could see in Calum’s eyes that Elizabeth was his whole world just as she could see the admiration in Elizabeth’s for her father.

Alice Hood. It was a possibility at least, but one thing she knew for certain was how she couldn’t wait to meet her new child. Her own little tweedle-dee and tweedle-dumb and Calum with his Chesire Cat grin. Such a fitting family portrait. Maybe Elizabeth was onto something, after all.

Credit - ridingmuke.tumblr.com

THIS IS SO CUTE I AM SO DONE

By the way, when dID I GET 4K READS YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING WOW

 - Taylor xx