chapter two

"Give me one good reason for me not to kill you where you stand for dare harming my mate?"

I had officially lost control. Aegeus was furious. It didn't take a detective to figure out that this man had hurt my little pixie in more ways than one. And, that was unacceptable to me.

No one hurt my precious miracle.

No one.

I had waited so long to find her, and even the mere inkling of a threat to her wellbeing was sending my wolf into a rage. Aegeus had no control over his rage, and I wasn't very apt to stop him. Before the man could open his mouth and spew his bullshit I snapped his neck. My little pixie screamed, and I prayed to God that she didn't hate me.

"Love? Love, please don't be afraid. I won't hurt you. I couldn't hurt you. You have no idea how long I've waited... you are my miracle. My beautiful pixie. Please... please don't be afraid, love." I cringed internally at how pitiful I sounded. I was groveling, nearly on my knees, begging. Only my Luna Queen would ever bring me to this point. Only she could see my weaknesses. Only she deserved my submission.

"You killed him..." Her eyes were wide and glassy. She stood in shock staring at the man's body. I knew my sweet mate shouldn't have seen my rage, nor should she have to witness the aftermath. I cautiously stepped in front of her, blocking her view, and forcing her to look at me;

"I will kill anyone... without a second thought... for daring to threaten you or cause you harm." I chuckled as her eyes grew even wider. Those big brown eyes of hers were so expressive. All it took was one glance in her eyes to see what she was feeling. I was already in love with her eyes, her innocence, her sweet nature. I was entranced by this sweet beauty.

"W-well that seems a little unreasonable." She mumbled under her breath.

She was a breath of fresh air.

No person I had ever met in my life had ever made me laugh. I couldn't even remember the last time I laughed, yet not even a day with her and I already felt the darkness within me disappearing. I felt lighter.

"Well, and Alpha King is rarely reasonable, my little fae." I lifted her chin to look at me, forcing her eyes to meet mine. No matter how many times I look at her, I don't think I will never cease to be amazed at her beauty.

She merely tilted her head;

"I'm sorry."

"Whatever for, my love?" I couldn't understand what she would be apologizing to me for.

"You deserve so much more. You have waited so many years... and all you have been given.. is me." My heart shattered, and I couldn't bear to see the tears welling up in her eyes. How does she not see? How does she not know how beautiful she is? How could this beautiful pixie not know how much worth she held? If anyone was undeserving it was me. My sweet mate deserved the world, and I would die to give it to her.

"Oh my little love, if only you knew how undeserving I am of you. You are an angel walking, and I am nothing short of a monster." She looked at me with her wide eyes and just shook her head.

"I am sorry Alpha King, but I nothing. You are a king. A powerful, strong wolf who deserved a Luna of the same equivalence." I growled at her formality, and my little fae barely flinched.

"Do not call me Alpha King. To you I am Killian." She is the only one who will ever be given the right to call me that. Only her.

"OK...Killian." She said my name so sweetly I couldn't help myself. I pulled her close and I kissed her forehead. I had never felt more pleasure than hearing my name on her small bowed lips. I had to stop myself from kissing her, her lips looked so sweet.

"What is your name love?" I couldn't wipe the smile off my face if I wanted to. She simply radiated beauty and joy.

"Elspeth."

I grasped her small hand in mine. Overwhelmed by the onslaught of emotions hitting me all at once. I bowed to her, brushing a kiss across her hand;

"Elspeth. My Queen. After nearly four centuries of solitude, I have finally found you. From this moment on, I vow to you, I will do anything in my power to make you happy. Anything you ask of me, I will search the ends of the Earth to give it to you." I was practically shaking with emotion, trying my best to keep my voice from shaking.

She slipped her hand from my grasp, hesitancy running through her big almond eyes she reached up, standing on her tiptoes to place her hand against my cheek. I leaned into her touch, placing my hand over hers;

"I will not speak lies and say I am not overwhelmed. I am well aware that I am woefully inadequate to be your Queen, your mate... But as long as you'll have me I will try, most likely in vain, to live up to what you expect of your Queen."

I could do nothing but shake my head at her,

"My little fae, I can only speculate what happened in your short life to make you view yourself in such a poor light. I have no doubt that-" I growled, barely spitting out my words," -that poor excuse of a human male had a hand in that. I have no remorse for ending his life, knowing what he might have done to you. I am only sorry that you had to see that side of me. That you witnessed the monster I am. I pray to the Lord, you will not fear me in light of that. You are the only soul in the world who never need to fear me. You say you are inadequate, but it is I who am lacking. God only knows you deserve far more than a beast like me, but I am a selfish man. I can not give you up now that I have you. You are mine. The Devil will never release the Angel from his grasp. But fear not, only the Devil could ever cherish the Angel as she deserves. Others might try and take advantage of her light. The Devil would never let a single soul harm his beloved. For he is a man with everything to lose. Without his Angel, he would be nothing. You. You, my dear Elspeth, you, are my Angel."

She merely blinked at me with her big eyes, stepping suddenly out of my reach. On instinct, I growled pulling her close to my chest. Her head not even meeting my shoulders.

Her sweet lilt was muffled against my chest, "Um... Killian?" She squirmed in my hold, my only response was a low growl, burying my head in the crook of her neck. Simply inhaling her intoxicating scent.

I didn't want to let her go. I am but a selfish man, and I did not want to share my innocent fairy with my cruel world just yet. I didn't want her to be tarnished by the burdens my Queen was apt to face. Being a royal was no simple task, it was an often unforgiving position, with everyone expecting everything from you. Some wanting nothing but to see you fail.

Realizing I was not going to budge anytime soon, she sighed and relaxed against my chest.

I pushed back tears, emotions welling up in my chest. After centuries of waiting I had finally found her.

My mate.

My Queen.

My everything.