Part 3: I know what you don't

Back to present *London, England*
Xiaozi approached Daoming Si's office with her boyfriend, Thomas, and the rest of the F4 in tow. "Ah Si," called Xiaozi, "are you in there?" She received no response. She tried again, banging her palm on the door. Nothing. She decided to enter anyway. As soon as Xiaozi walked into Daoming Si's office, the scent of whiskey assaulted her nose, causing the He heiress to gag. Taking a look around the darkened room, her eyes finally landed on her ex-fiancé. Sure enough, Daoming Si was slumped forward on his desk, an empty glass in his grasp. He was black out drunk again. Xiaozi's facial features contorted in a mixture of disgust and anger. Anger at him, at Shancai, most of all at herself. She was keeping secrets for Shancai's sake and the sake of her child, but a part of her wished Shancai hadn't so callously left without explanation, as she watched the now chairman slowly come to. But she had to do it, and you know that, Xiaozi reprimanded herself. Of course she knew. After all, she'd lent a hand in Shancai's escape.

*Flashback*
"Shancai, are you sure that this is what's best for you and your baby?" Xiaozi asked as she sat on the aforementioned woman's bed. Shancai stood peering into her closet with her back toward Xiaozi. Shancai loudly exhaled through her nose, and without turning around, responded, "The truth is, I don't know anymore. This could just be paranoia taking over. However, I wouldn't put it past her to stoop so low, and I refuse to put my child at risk. Now, my child's safety comes before my own and my comfort" Xiaozi chewed on her lower lip as she mulled over the other woman's words. Why lie, Xiaozi couldn't pretend to understand Shancai's dilemma, she wasn't a soon to be mother. All she could do was help...
*End of flashback*
"Xiaozi!" Thomas called, startling her out of her reverie "are you alright?" With a sheepish grin, Xiaozi nodded and then refocused her attention to Daoming Si. "Have you got any leads?" he slurred. The F3 shook their heads. "All that we have are false leads and clues that are too vague," Ximen informed the drunken man, and watched as his eyes flickered with pain. Xiaozi decided that she should speak up. "Ah Si, maybe, just maybe, it's because she doesn't want to be found. Maybe it's time for you to give up looking for her." At this, Daoming Si sat up, fixing Xiaozi with a nasty glare, and Thomas visibly tensed beside her. If looks could kill, the heiress would be six feet under by now. "I will never give up on Shancai. I know that she's out there, and that I'm close. I can feel it." Daoming Si snarled. "Don't ever let me hear you say that again." Xiaozi flinched at his words, which were dripping with venom, and Thomas's grip on her shoulder tightened. "Maybe we should go, he's not in the right state of mind," Thomas said in a tight, clipped voice, pulling his girlfriend toward the door. "I'll find her, I'll find her," the drunken man babbled. Xiaozi glanced once more at Daoming Si and then let herself be led away.

Once Thomas thought the others were out of earshot, he turned to Xiaozi. "Why don't you come clean about what you know? You've kept in contact with Shancai all these years, and you know how she's been. You know what they don't." he said. Xiaozi's eyes flickered away from him. Yeah I do, more than what you know, too. And even you knowing what you do is too much. "I can't do that and you know it. I gave Shancai my word that I wouldn't say a word to Ah Si or any of the F4," she retorted. "Listen, I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I do think that you should say something. Daoming Si is gonna drink himself into a coma one of these days," Thomas sighed. Xiaozi winced at the thought. "Anyway I have to go. I'll see you tonight." Thomas gave her a quick kiss goodbye and walked away.

Oh what should I do, what should I do? Xiaozi nervously drummed her perfectly manicured nails against her lips. I feel like I can't keep what I know about Shancai quiet for much longer.

"What's this about you being in contact with Shancai? What exactly have you been keeping from us?" a voice said. Xiaozi froze, and turned to meet the voice's owner, Huaze Lei. Beside him were Ximen and Meizuo, supporting their drunken leader to stand, staggering with the weight. "Tell us the truth. Go on, what exactly do you know?"

Fuck...

*Author's note/ramblings*
Shorter chapter tonight, sorry y'all.
Would you look at that, looks like it's finally headed somewhere. I'm so productive, I managed to finish this chapter and cut my hair. Anyway enough of my shenanigans. Spring break is coming up and I can't wait because I'll have plenty of time to work on my writings, so look forward to updates this coming week. Thank you for all your nice comments and for supporting me as a new writer. It's so much more than I deserve 🙈💕💕💕 bye, see in the next update😁

Thank you
Gracias
감사합니다
ありがとうございます
谢谢
-monicacantwrite

You're still here? Wow thanks for reading my rambling, but go back to the nicer part of Wattpad with writers who know what they're doing. Go on, shoo