Part 4: Revelations

*London, England: Daoming Mansion*
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN XIAOZI HAS BEEN IN CONTACT WITH SHANCAI AFTER ALL THESE YEARS???!!!!" Daoming Si bellowed. "Slow to catch up Ah Si. We've established this a while ago." Ximen said in an exasperated tone. "Of course you were too drunk to register that. Again." A couple hours had passed since Xiaozi and the F4 left to Daoming Si's mansion, and now that Daoming Si was more aware (albeit with a massive hangover), the four friends all stared down Xiaozi, who looked very much like a child caught with their hand in the cookie jar. "TELL ME WHERE SHE IS! WHY HAVE YOU BEEN KEEPING HER FROM ME?" Ah Si demanded. Oh Shancai, forgive me for being so careless. I've broken my promise to you. "So," Xiaozi was torn from her thoughts as Lei spoke, "let's have a little talk, shall we? Tell us exactly what you know?" Xiaozi vehemently shook her head, replying "I can't do that."

At this, Ah Si leapt up, immediately crossing the room to where Xiaozi was sitting. When he stopped right in front of her, the F3 tensed, Ah Si was really unpredictable and prone to explode, and back then, he'd always been impulsive whenever Shancai had been involved, and they just couldn't tell what he was thinking in that moment. Ah Si continued to stare down Xiaozi. "TELL. ME. WHY. YOU. LIED." he said through clenched teeth. Xiaozi exploded and pushed him away, the scent of alcohol on his breath absolutely nauseating. "I'm leaving," she said, turning to leave the mansion, but Lei blocked her exit. "You're not leaving until we get answers," he told the heiress coolly. Meddlesome bastards, she hissed under her breath. However, she knew that there was no way out of this. So, with a defeated sigh, Xiaozi slumped into the nearest chair and began to speak, careful not to give away too many details.

"Shancai was afraid that your mother would continue to torment her should she remain in Shanghai, so she contacted me a few months after she'd returned from London. She wanted to leave China, so I lent her money and helped her get a job in catering in America. I've kept in contact with her ever since. She struggled in the beginning, what with knowing very little English and being all alone in a different country, but she's made a name for herself now and is doing well. The reason you've never found her is because I've been tampering with your search, making sure that she remains hidden because..." "Because what?! Did you want another shot with Ah Si?!" Meizuo piped up. Xiaozi shot him a nasty glare, and hissed "Don't be stupid, I'm with Thomas now. I don't deny that back then I was a bad friend to Shancai and I had wanted Ah Si for myself, but not anymore. Those feelings are a thing of the past. The reason Shancai left is because she had someone to protect!" At her last sentence, Xiaozi clapped a hand over her mouth. Now I've done it, and all hell will soon break loose. Something hadn't been adding up in Ah Si's mind, why would Shancai run away when it was just her? That didn't sound like his weed girl at all. At hearing Xiaozi's word vomit, his head snapped up. What the hell did she mean by that? "Someone to protect? What the hell are you on about, Monkey?Who is Shancai with?" Even after all this time, Ah Si still let jealousy get the best of him. Just who was this cowardly person that needed her protection?

Still the same old idiot after all these years, Xiaozi thought and laughed wryly. Ah Si glared at Xiaozi when he heard her give a mocking snort. May as well lay all the cards on the table, it's high time that he knew the truth, Xiaozi took a deep breath and said what she had known all along "That's not what I meant, you idiot. I meant that she's been looking out for her daughter. She left because she felt this was what was best for her child." All of the F4 members' eyes' nearly bugged out of their heads at this revelation. Ah Si was speechless, and he felt like his world had been flipped on its head. Shancai... was a mother???? "The girl...is my child?" he stupidly asked. It was only because she didn't want to smudge her makeup that Xiaozi didn't scrub a hand over her face in exasperation. "Yes you moron. Shancai's little girl is your daughter. Her name is Yue." It was all too much for him to take in at once, and his anger resurfaced. "Why didn't you tell me I was a father?! Or that you've known where Shancai has been?" "Because I promised her I'd keep my mouth shut. Don't you get it? This is no longer about you and Shancai alone, now she has a child to think about," Xiaozi shot back. Then she checked her phone and said in a tired voice "I have to go, I'm meeting Thomas for dinner, and I don't want to betray Shancai's trust anymore than I already have." With that, she pushed past Lei and left the Daoming mansion.

Ah Si slouched back into his seat. She was right, but in his heart, he felt that the best place for Shancai and their daughter (the words making him shiver in delight) was at his side. "I want to see them. But how? That monkey still didn't tell me anything about Shancai's whereabouts." The other men turned to look at him, and Meizuo was the one to speak up. "Let us deal with Xiaozi. For now, work on sobering up and on a plan. It won't be long until Aunt Feng finds out about her granddaughter. Then the real work will begin." Ah Si merely grunted in response, his headache having returned full force, and watched as his friends walked away.

Dong Shancai, we'll meet again soon, and this time, I'm not letting you go. This time, I'll do everything I can to look after you and our little girl. Ah Si gave a tiny grin at the thought. My little girl. Is she pretty? Does she have your eyes? Papa wants to meet you so badly.

In the other room, Daoming Feng sat, having eavesdropped on the entire exchange between the five individuals. "Dong Shancai, so you had a child of the Daomings." she said in a quiet, stunned voice. Then she leaned back in her chair, contemplating...

*Author's note*
Hey everyone, I'm back with an update. I've been slow this week because of a variety of reasons, none of which you'll care about, but I'll tell you anyway. I had midterms this week and life, specifically my mental health, has given me a thorough beating, and I've been pretty uninspired. But my creative juices have started flowing again so here ya go! Thanks for reading. See you in my next update 👋🏼
Thank you!
Gracias!
감사합니다!
ありがとうございます!
谢谢!
-monicacantwrite