Part 12.5: Not Yet

*Two weeks prior to the events of previous chapter*

Daoming Feng was a very cool, calculated, and meticulous woman, both in business and out of it. She knew when it was time to put a plan into action and when to lie in wait for the right opportunity. Even though Ah Si had ascended to being chairman three years prior, Daoming Feng still very much had an active hand in Daoming Group's affairs. Finally, she'd thought her son had decided to see reason, that Dong Shancai was no good for someone of their rank. She was immensely dismayed when she learned that He heiress was no longer interested in the young Daoming chairman and was now seeing some Frenchman, but she'd find another suitable woman for her son, soon as her son approached 30. Never in a million years had she imagined that Dong Shancai would come crashing back into her otherwise perfect life. Even less so with Ah Si's child, the next heir to Daoming Group. She sat back in her chair, alone in her home office, waiting to hear back from her assistant. She pulled a cigarette from its pack and digging for her lighter. She had just lit up when she heard a knock at her office door. "What is it?" she said, urging them to step inside.

"Madame Daoming, here is the report you've requested," her assitant, XiTian, said as he put down a couple documents tucked neatly in a manila envelope on Feng's desk. Feng pulled the cigarette from her mouth as she leaned forward to the folder, exhaling a hazy cloud of smoke. "Is there anything else?" XiTian asked. "No, you may go," the Daoming matriarch said with a dismissive wave of her hand. She pulled out the documents to study their contents. "Dong Yue," she read, "born Oct. 19, 20**. Mother is Dong Shancai (DOB 03/21/1999)" The next line gave Daoming Feng pause, "Father: (deceased)" She put down the papers, taking a long drag of her cigarette as she thought, Dong Shancai, what on earth are you playing at?
———————————————————————
*Back to present*
"Madame Daoming!" Xitian called as he burst into Daoming Feng's office. Feng didn't even bother to look up from the reports she was studying over. "What is it XiTian?" the Daoming matriarch asked in a bored tone. "Forgive the intrusion--," he began, but Daoming Feng cut him off. "Don't waste my time and just spit it out," she hissed at him.  XiTian cleared his throat, and informed Daoming Feng of Shancai's arrival in London with her daughter. Feng froze at her assistant's words, finally glancing up from the paperwork in her hand.

"What?" she said, her facial expression unreadable. "Dong Shancai and her child are in London, already?" XiTian nodded, then added, "And if what I heard is correct, they will be meeting with Daoming Si this very afternoon." Feng said nothing, merely drumming her fingers on her desk. "Hmm...seems like Ah Si is still as childish as ever," she sighed. "What do you want us to do?" Xitian asked, "Should we go after them?" "No," Feng snapped, "I still have a few things that need to be settled before we can go to work. For now, keep an eye on them, but do not let them know of your presence." "Yes ma'am," XiTian said, bowing his head slightly and leaving Feng's office. As soon as the door had clicked closed, Feng snatched up her phone and quickly punched a number on the screen, then hit "call." It rang once, twice. "Hello? Is it time now?" the voice on the other end asked. "Not quite," Feng answered, "I need you to do me a little favor, the reward will be worth it." The person on the other line hesitated, then said, "I'm listening." Feng gave them incredibly careful instructions, then hung up after a curt "Don't let me down." Putting the cellphone down, the Daoming matriarch tapped an impatient beat on the floor with her heeled boot. "I need a smoke," she muttered to no one in particular, then reached into her desk drawer for her packet of cigarettes and her lighter.

Patience, Daoming Feng, she chastised herself as she took an incredibly long drag from her cigarette. It wasn't in the Daoming family's nature to exercise patience, but this time, the reward would be great.

After all, she thought in satisfaction, good things come to those who wait. 

Author's Note

Am I doing this right? I feel like my writing skills have gone rusty in the time I've been gone. Sorry for the shorter update guys, I'm still getting back into the rhythm of things. Promise next update will be longer, so please don't be mad at me

Thanks for reading anyway :)

Thank you
Gracias
ありがとうございます
감사합니다

谢谢

-monicacantwrite