S

Mark lay in his bed, staring at the ceiling.

A soft knock was heard at his bedroom door before it was slowly opened.

"Minhyung sweetie, dinner's ready," his mother called softly as she peaked her head in.

She insisted he stayed at her house while he recovered from the surgery. Especially after he started sleeping and eating less.

"I'm not hungry right now," he responded, no emotion in his voice.

His mother left closing the door after her.

Mark let out a deep sigh as one situation in particular replayed in his mind.

"Let's leave."

"What? Are you crazy Minhyung?" Lily exclaimed.

She only used his Korean name when he did or said something completely ridiculous.

"What's the big deal?" he shrugged.

"We can't just up and leave. You know that."

"We can. We just need to-"

"I will not make you leave your family behind just to marry me," Lily interrupted sternly.

"But you said they don't like you," the boy said, voice fading.

"That doesn't mean I'd take take them away from you, Mark..."

"How could she be so kind about it?" he mumbled to himself.

It made no sense to him. Why would she choose to stay for the sake of his family when they're the ones basically preventing their relationship from moving forward.

Just then Mark's stomach growled.

"Guess I was hungry after all."

He got up from his bed before heading downstairs to eat the his mother's food, pushing his confusion to the back of his mind.

howdy🤠

(new chapter every Friday✨)