Chapter Twelve 🖤

I search for something, anything, maybe a seal?, how about a crevice? But the walls are a smooth shiny surface with no clues on how to get out.

One door. A massive metal one sealing me away from the outside world, from my kingdom.

A small crack of light bursting under the door, creating a beam of light on the floor.

My "bed" in the centre of the tiny room, with nothing but a thin sheet to cover my aching body.

Nothing. There is no way out.

I lay down on the bed and sigh pulling the sheet over me. If I can't find a way out alone, then I'm just gonna have to wait until Grayson or Ethan opens that door.

- A Few Hours Later -
I feel my body being slowly shaked and I huffed moving away from the prying hand.

"Alexa wake up" the voice whispers "I was going to take you somewhere but if you're too sle-"

"I'm awake" I quickly cut him off as I rub my eyes and see Grayson standing beside me

"Okay,good" he smiles "I just need to finish arranging a couple of things then we're free to go" he pauses and stares back at me for a couple of seconds "I think you're going to like it" he adds

He leaves the room and I wait for the sound of the metal door screeching as it's being pulled but it doesn't happen.

"Oh I forgot to mention" he calls behind him "go get changed and before you even think about trying to escape through the front door we have it bolted and guarded"

I stand up and follow behind him into my original room which had a real bed and a million pillows with silky red sheets.

I don't know why but I smiled. I smiled like I have never smiled before. I smiled, and it pains me to say, but I think I smiled because of Grayson.