To many times- chapter 9

"Just say the words and I won't do it."

My heart skips a beat. Does German mean that he'll cancel the wedding? What am I meant to say? That I love him? I do love him but I also hate him. I don't know, nothing makes sense.

As German pulls back he looks sadly into my eyes.

"It's ok Angie,I understand." German starts to walk away back towards our table as I stand stunned. I want to call out to him and shout I love him but the words won't come. Instead I just walk back to the table and sit down without looking at German.

"So, where are you getting married Dad?" Vilu asks, sounding less exited and as I look at her she smiles sadly at me.

"We haven't worked out any details yet Vilu." German says, rather awkwardly. Vilu nods. The rest of the evening goes quickly and silently.

After finishing and paying we all arrive back home.

The more I think about it, I think I should go back to France. Who does German think he is? Why did I even come back? It was stupid, I guess I just wanted to try for Vilu. I can't do it anymore, I won't let him brake my heart again. This time I'm in control and my hearts been broken by the same guy to many times. It's time to let go....