4.6

note: this is the last chapter to part 4. If you love Andrew and his daughter, you'll love this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment. Feedback is always appreciated! Enjoy xo 

══ ● ══

The last thing Andrew wanted to do was to go to Aurora's school, not because he was not interested in his daughter's education — he was — but because the entire parent committee were a bunch of gossiping arses, and though Andrew didn't mind indulging himself in gossip, he didn't like it when that gossip was turned in his direction. Did anyone? And with news of the divorce travelling fast, he was certain that he and Talia would be on the forefront of attention, stealing the light of other dramas that may be going on.

Stepping out of his vehicle and into the school, he could sense the eyes, hear the hushed whispers as people passed. It was no surprise. He was on school territory — adults or children, they all acted the same when on school grounds.

Andrew picked up Aurora, his little girl rushing to him the instant she saw him, and even talked to her class teacher. Andrew asked how Aurora was doing from Talia and Talia insisted that if he was so concerned he'd have to find out himself. Well, Andrew was concerned and he didn't mind finding out himself. So there was absolutely no problem — except for the nosy bitches, that was.

"Andrew!" came a voice. It was familiar. He'd heard it a bunch of times but he didn't socialise much with the parents committee, often leaving things in Talia's hands since she appreciated the art of taking part in your child's care, or however way Talia had phrased it for him once when he asked her why she was so bothered and dedicated to the parents committee.

He turned around just as he heard Aurora whisper under her breath, "Ugh why."

It made him smile but the instant he saw who was on the other end of the conversation, his smile dropped. Lucy Bellman was known for stealing men's hearts — especially parents. She wasn't well liked on the committee and though Andrew did not know her well he could not help but have the same mindset as all the other parents. If she was not in the committee, her son not in this school, some of the children's mothers would still be married with their fathers. Lucy Bellman knew how to seduce parents, all genders, and when the cheating happened, marital problems flared and the gossip column ran hot like it was an extremely rigorous sport.

"Miss Bellman," Andrew said, surprise in his voice as he tried to force the smile back onto his lips. All he wanted to do was go have lunch with his daughter and spend time with her at his new apartment. Lucy Bellman was killing precious minutes of his that he could never get back — especially with an ex-wife that was adamant on keeping Aurora under the lock and key of her own care.

"It's good to see you," she started, beaming. Oh God, this sounded like a beginning of a conversation and the last place Andrew wanted to be in at that moment. "I haven't seen you around in a while and the others and I thought that Talia had cut you out of Aurora's life."

Andrew raised his eyebrows, trying not to let the smile drop.

"I'm right here, you know," chimed in another voice and Andrew chuckled, drawing his arms around her shoulder. Aurora hugged his leg.

"Let's get some lunch, sweetheart," he said, thankful for the save.

Of course he should have known that it wouldn't be that easy. Just as he was about to turn, Lucy Bellman's white hands grabbed his left arm. "I'm glad to see you again, Andrew," she said when Andrew finally looked back at her he resisted a groan of frustration.

"It's good to see you too, Lucy," he managed to get out through a tight lipped smile.

"I heard about the divorce—"