10.2

This is what utter, pure contentedness felt like, Andrew thought as Aurora's head lay on his lap, fast asleep, and London snuggled by his side, her face resting on his shoulder as her eyes watched the television intensely.

Andrew's coffee date with London went well. The air was charged with tension when they met up at the cafe but once they settled in, five minutes into their coffee date, the both of them were laughing. He had been so engaged that night that time slipped away from him. It was only when his phone rang that he realised almost three hours had passed since they came in.

It had been Aurora on the phone, asking how his date was going and when he'll be home. He hadn't wanted to leave the cafe but he had to. He had to tuck his daughter into bed and make her call Talia. After calling the babysitter and telling her he'd be home in half an hour, he turned back to London and insisted he drop her off.

He wanted to kiss her when they got to her doorstep and he could feel that she was expecting it. He held himself back, giving her a hug. He could tell she wanted more but there was no disappointment in her eyes.

He was dying to ask her out officially.

The second date was even better. Because he couldn't cook, he took London and Aurora out to a pizzeria. Nothing fancy. He wanted something homey and this restaurant was perfect. Aurora and London hit it off like the last ten months hadn't happened. They returned back to his place and started watching a movie. Aurora fell asleep halfway, her head resting on his lap, and London watched the movie like it was the most interesting one she'd ever watched.

"I find this movie boring but you seem hooked," Andrew teased, fully aware that London was only that attentive because she was aware that Aurora was asleep and that they were alone for the first time that night. The air around them was certainly charged.

She lifted her head and looked at him, her lips quirking into a smile. "You caught me," she said, "The movie is boring. Even Aurora fell asleep."

Andrew glanced down at his daughter and then back at London. "I'll go put in her bed. You can grab a bottle of red in the kitchen. It's still in the same place."

She held his eyes and then breathed, nodding. "Um, yeah, sure."

They both got up at the same time and walked out of the living room. They parted ways as London headed to the kitchen and Andrew down the corridor to Aurora's room. Once he was inside her room he rushed to tuck her into bed that he accidentally woke her up as he released her from his arms and onto the bed.

"Ba," Aurora said groggily.

Trying not to curse under his breath, he said, "Yeah?"

"You're not going to read me a goodnight story tonight, are you?" she asked through half-lidded eyes.

His heart softened and he smoothened a hand over her hair. "I can if you want me too."

"It's okay," she said, turning her head to fit comfortably against the pillow, her eyes closing shut. Andrew tucked the covers around her to make her feel warmer. "I'm already sleepy. Ba?"

"Yes, princess?"

"I'm happy London's back."

Andrew smiled. "I'm happy she's back, too," he whispered, leaning down to brush a goodnight kiss against his daughter's forehead.

When he returned back to the living room, London had poured him a glass and his sat on a coaster as she sipped at hers leisurely.

He settled into his seat, taking his glass and sipping at it. "Tonight was wonderful. I miss doing this. Dates, spending time with you. And Aurora," he added with a chuckle.