.17.

Twisting. Turning. Sharp flashes of pain. Then, nothing. My body feels like a rock. I cannot move and can barely open my eyes. I try to remember what happened last. My mind is bubbling with an overflow of information. Suddenly, I jump when I feel an something rubbing, more frantic tapping and patting at my legs. With this, I force my eyes to open.

All around me is a blinding white. Thoughts rush my vacant mind. John. The plan. John.

"John?" I called out meekly. I seem to hear a faint grunt coming from my feet. That's what was tugging at my legs!

"John are you okay?"

Another groan. "Jules?" He remembers me. It worked? It worked?

"Come on John. We need to see if our scheme worked!" My eyesight is starting to come back and colours other than white are forming. A toilet? Where are we?

"Where are we?" John's side effects clearly haven't worn off yet. I manage to sit up and as I look around, I see a curled up John Lennon upon my thigh. He looks so perfect I almost don't want to disturb him. I then remember why we are here in the first place.

"I'm not sure yet John, we need to get up and see because if our plan worked, we need to get cracking!" I couldn't help but smile. If the time travel didn't work, I'm still alive and in the company of one of the greatest men alive, however drowsy he may be now...

Slowly, the weight on my leg shifts and rises. At this point, my vision is almost clear, I can see everything. We made it.

"John. We made it." His eyes form little o's of surprise. The words sinking in, he jumps to his feet and picks up both my hands and lifts me up.

"Ok John now we need to-" Our lips reunite once again.

"You know you can't interrupt me like that-" And again.

"We have a deadline-" And again.

"Okay I'm done now." John's face illuminated when he says this. My head is spinning once again, this time because of John not because of achieving the impossible by time travelling to 1980.

"As I was saying, we need to leave wherever we are and go outside: to make sure our scheme worked."

We left our little room to find that we were in a sort of café. I think John expected to be seen when we walked into the room because his posture went from confident to slightly hunched when no one looked in our direction or approached us.

We just stood there. Unsure of what to do next and sort of waiting for the other one to make the first move.

"So, what's the plan, Stan?" I said in hope that John had one. 

"Absolutely no idea. I mean we have a few days... We could start by leaving this place?"

"Yeah! Where should we-"

"Before we go, I just want to..."

With that, John leaves my side and walks over to a woman sitting in a booth. He stares right into her face. So intently that I'm surprised no one notices. Then it dawns on me: no one can see us. I think John had the same thought because he started to have fun with his newly discovered invisibility. He picked up the woman's mug of what seemed to be coffee and took a sip. By sip, I mean gulp but for John it was only a little sip. Almost on cue, the woman leaped out of her seat and shrieked. Never have I seen a face as amused as John's in that moment.

"It's all right, love." said John with the largest grin plastered on his face.

When he was done, and the woman regained consciousness, we headed out into the depths of 1980s New York. John wanted to do some sight seeing. For him, this wasn't Statue-of-Liberty-and-Empire-State-Building style, but more Dakota building. 

"I haven't seen Yoko since it happened." He confesses.

"Oh." I wasn't sure what else to say. What do you say when John Lennon appears out of thin air one day to tell you you need to go back in time with him to save his life, bonding with him in unprecedented ways, and tells you he hasn't seen his wife since he died?  Wow. Am I only processing the facts now?

"Do you mind if we pay a visit?"