|Cold Heart|

+Several Months later...+

The soft crunch of the autumn leaves echo beneath the hunter's feet as he strides between the trees, his crossbow ready in hand. He looks to his left then his right, nodding to his fellow hunters. 

"Stay close." he whispers as he moves forward, leading the group deeper into the woods. 

Over the past few months, there have been numerous reports of a wolf sighting and attacks near the village. It has gotten to the point where the villagers are too scared to leave after dusk in fear of getting attacked. One group of hunters went first to deal with the wolf problem, but they never returned. So it's up to Jimin and his group to find the missing hunters and deal with the wolves themselves. 

But deep down, no matter how hard he tries, Jimin doesn't feel like he could bring harm to the wolves. It will only hurt his memory of Jungkook, the wolf he tries so hard to forget but seemingly the bond they shared wont let him. 

During those long painful months of losing Jungkook, Jimin couldn't tell anyone in fear of being executed by the hunters so he mourned Jungkook's death alone in his room, crying himself to sleep every night. 

"Jimin, keep an eye out for any movements." Taehyung whispers as he walks behind Jimin, keeping a close eye on him.

Since Jungkook's death, Taehyung has been by his side, helping him cope. Jimin never told Taehyung about his relationship with Jungkook but he was grateful that best friend knew when he was upset about something and always catered to him. It was thanks to Taehyung's support that Jimin was able to survive these months without Jungkook. 

"Everyone stop!" one of the hunters orders, holding his arm up as he aims his weapon straight ahead. 

Jimin and Taehyung stop in their tracks and see an open clearing, their stomachs immediately drop as they see a severed head of one of the missing hunters laying idly on the ground. 

"Stay back, I'll check this out." One of the hunters comments as he steps forward, aiming the crossbow at the severed head. He looks around but sees nothing, then turns around to wave at the others. "Everything is — oh shit!" he curses as the ground gives way beneath him, plummeting him down a deep hole. 

As soon as that happens, a loud howl emits itself around the hunters, spreading panic within them. "It's a trap!" one of them shouts as he shoots his arrow at a large mass that moves quickly behind the trees. 

Jimin and Taehyung stay back to back, their weapons drawn, as the other hunters split up to go after the large mass. 

"Stay together!" Jimin warns them but they were too far ahead to hear him. 

"Shit, Jimin we need to go back." says Taehyung as he aims his crossbow into the trees. "This is an ambush!"

One of the hunters cries out, the sound of bones being snapped echo around the woods, making Jimin's stomach knot. He whips his head around and see's the body of another hunter being thrown into the trees, his neck snapping instantly with a loud crack. 

"Jimin, let's go!" Taehyung grabs Jimin's hand and runs deep into the woods. Both have no idea where thy are going but they have to get as far away as they could. 

A loud howl erupts through the air, momentarily distracting Jimin and causing him to stumble. "Jimin, we need to keep moving!" Taehyung beckons as he helps Jimin back on his feet and starts running again. Jimin looks all around for the source of that howl as he found it strangely familiar to the point that it gave him goosebumps. 

Both hunters continue their run, the sound of heavy footsteps crunching on branches follow behind them. Taehyung quickly turns around and fires an arrow into the trees while still holding onto Jimin's hand. "The beast is getting closer." he says as he rounds a corner and stops in front of a steep hill.