I don't want to go//Peter Parker

THIS ONE SHOT CONTAINS INFINITY WAR SPOILERS! IF YOU HAVEN’T SEEN THE MOVIE I SUGGEST YOU KEEP SCROLLING!

WARNINGS: spoilers, sad sad sad, a swearword or two if you look close enough

PROMPT: You lost him, and there was no way to bring him back.

“What are you doing?!” you hissed to Peter who snapping on his bracelet with his artificial web. Ned had caused their other classmates to run to the windows in a panic seeing the giant spaceship in the sky.

Peter looked up at you with a grin and placed his hands on your cheeks. “I’m going to save the world, duh,” he responded nonchalantly and brought your head down closer. You closed your eyes as your lips connected with Peter’s in a deep kiss. “I love you, (Y/N),” he whispered the moment your lips parted.

“I love you too, Parker,” you whispered back with a grin on your face. “You better come home to me.” You pecked Peter’s lips one last time and moved out of the way.

Peter opened the emergency window with his web and leapt out of it in a blink. You ran to the window and looked out of it, watching as your boyfriend swung away on his web towards the city. With a sigh, you sat back in the uncomfortable seat and placed a hand over your mouth, chewing on the inside of your lip nervously.

You’d known about Peter’s abilities since the day he figured them out. The two of you weren’t just lovers, you were best friends. You were the person he told every detail about his life to. You still worried about him though, because every mission he went on could be his last. You both knew that. So every chance you got you reminded each other of how special the other was and how much you loved one another.

-

It had been a few days since Peter flew out the window of the bus and you saw him last. You’d hadn’t been able to get ahold of him or Tony for that matter, and neither could Peter’s Aunt May. You couldn’t sleep or eat, you felt nauseated all the time and had a never ending headache. Something didn’t feel right but you tried not to let it get to you.

Right after school you went to Peter’s house, using the spare key May had given you to get in. As you opened the door, May came running around the corner and looked at you. You saw the way her smile fell slightly and you couldn’t help but sigh. “Sorry, May. He’s still not back?” you asked the woman who you considered to be a second mother.

“No,” May whispered with a shake of her head. Shutting the door behind you, you walked over to May and wrapped your arms around her in a tight hug. “I’m so worried about him,” she sniffled, trying to hide the fact that she was crying.

“I am too,” you responded softly and pulled away from the older woman. The two of you wiped your wet cheeks and you disappeared to Peter’s room.

It was the same way it was left. Peter’s text books and papers littered his desk and his bed was left unmade. There was a pile of clean clothes in front of his closet door instead of hung up like May had asked him to do a thousand times. You walked over to the pile and pulled out your favorite maroon hoodie of his then slid it on. Even though it had been washed, his scent still stuck to it. It was a scent you never got tired of.

You grabbed the top of the hoodie and brought it up to your nose, inhaling deeply as your eyes slipped shut. Your mind raced with memories of the two of you. Your first official date, your first kiss, the time he took you to the Statue of Liberty, everything. A soft knock on the door ripped you from your thoughts you turned to see May standing in the doorway. “You hungry?” she asked with a smile.

With a nod, you followed May to the kitchen where she’d already prepared you a plate. You grabbed a fork and followed her to the living room where the two of you sat on the couch and ate. It was silent except for the passing cars outside, but it was comfortable. You and May got used to being in each other’s company quickly and it made you very close.

A knock at the door interrupted you mid bite. Your head popped up and your hopeful eyes met May’s. She discarded her plate on the coffee table and got up quickly to answer the door. “Oh my gosh, hi,” you heard May greet whoever was at the door. “Come in, come in,” you heard the door shut and turned around to look over the back of the couch to see Tony Stark enter the room with May.

You quickly set your plate on the coffee table next to May’s and turned back around. You blurted out the first words that came to mind, “Where’s Peter?”

Tony’s small smile fell and he averted his eyes to the floor. You felt everything you had just ate trying to come right back up. Your hands started shaking and your heart started to race. “Tony? Where is Peter?” May repeated your question and stared at the older man.

“Sit down, May. I have a lot to tell you two,” Tony spoke quietly, as if he would piss off the already broken universe.

Your body felt numb with every word Tony said. You almost didn’t believe him but you knew it had to be true, he wouldn’t leave him on a planet they knew nothing about. Peter was too much like a son to him to leave him behind. You stared at your cold food and no longer had the desire to eat once again. You were numb. May sobbed quietly on the couch next to you.

“I have a recording of his last moments. The AI in his suit always records everything. I don’t know if you want to-“

“I want to hear it,” your voice was sharp and emotionless. Your eyes lifted for the first time to meet Tony’s dark brown ones. “I want to know what he said.”

With a nod, Tony pulled out his phone. With shaky hands, he found the recording and pressed play. Your blood ran ice cold under your skin at the sound of Peter’s voice.

“Mr. Stark? I don’t feel so good.”

“You’re alright.”

There was a scuffle and you could hear Peter choking on his breath, causing tears to spring to your eyes. “I don’t want to go. I don’t wanna go Mr. Stark, please. I don’t want to go,” you could tell Peter was crying and you swore your heart shattered.

“I don’t wanna go,” Peter kept repeating it until you heard him fall to the ground with Tony. “Tell Aunt May I love her,” a strangled sob left May’s mouth. “Tell (Y/N) I love her,” your tears were falling fast and there was no stopping them. “I’m sorry,” Peter whispered with his last breath and the recording stopped.

You placed your hands over your mouth and squeezed your eyes shut, hoping and praying this was a nightmare. You wanted to wake up on a Saturday morning and be safely in Peter’s arms but it wasn’t going to happen. Because this was real. Peter Parker was ripped from the Earth by a purple bastard with the name of Thanos. A sob ripped through your chest and you felt May’s arms wrap tightly around you, holding you as you let everything out.

Tony stayed with the two of you for a while, holding May’s hand and telling the two of you how sorry he was for not being able to save Peter. You told him it wasn’t his fault but he wouldn’t have it. Tony would carry the grief and guilt of watching a boy he considered the closest thing to a son die.

When he left, it was just you and May. She excused herself to her room a short time later and left you alone with your thoughts. Your eyes were red and puffy and your throat was raw from crying. On shaky legs, you took yourself to Peter’s room. More tears streamed down your face as you looked around again, knowing nothing would be the same now. You laid down in his bed and pulled your knees up to your chest, facing the wall. You didn’t sleep. You stayed their all night surrounded by your dead boyfriend’s scent, praying that some way, you could get him back