More than this//Ch.1

Alright so this started as a one-shot book but then I got attached so now it's it's own little story:) Go check out my other Seaycee book; Sticks and stones and the oneshots should be out soon too, enjoy!

"Come on Kaycee, don't let me embarrass myself alone. You never know if you never try."

Tahani begged Kaycee, tugging the sleeve of Kaycee's sweatshirt gently. Kaycee sighed, slamming her locker door shut. Her best friend knew she hadn't danced since the accident but still was relentless about getting Kaycee to audition for the immaBeast team, whatever that was.

"Tahani, I haven't danced in years. There is no way I would make it and even if I did, I don't want to be on a dance team. The choreographers don't deserve to have to train someone who doesn't even want to be there, and you shouldn't let me be the reason you don't audition." Kaycee dismissed, tucking a loose curl behind her ear in exasperation.

The duo navigated their way through the bustling hallways of Westlake High School, trying to make it to their Algebra class on time, for once.

"Kaycee it doesn't matter if you're a little out of practice, you're amazing. Anyways if you make it and still decide it's not what you want, then fine, you can always say no and leave but you should really think about it, Kayc. Dance is in your blood. The Tricia Miranda broke her rule of only working with adults to train you when you were ten, she went from not working with kids to begging your parents to let her mentor you. Katy Perry even tweeted about you. Kaycee look around," Kaycee glanced around the crowded hallway, eyes landing on a certain group of boys who were surrounded by girls that were trying desperately to get their attention. The golden boys.

Gabe Deguzman, Josh Price, Kenneth San Jose, Julian Deguzman, Josh Beauchamp and Sean Lew, the leader. The group was notorious at Westlake for being the school's heartbreakers, girls wanted to date them and boys wanted to be them. They all had huge social media followings for their dance videos online. They were all crazy talented, choreographing their own routines, teaching their own masterclasses, being friends with some of the biggest choreographers in the industry. If the accident hadn't happened, Kaycee would have been apart of their group. But instead she was a nobody, someone that the popular girls picked on and that most didn't even know existed.

"You could be so much more than this."

Kaycee only shook her head, clearing the thoughts from her mind. Tahani sighed, watching her best friend close up, keeping her eyes glued to the floor.

"Have you even spoken to Tricia since the accident?" Tahani inquired, lowering her voice.

Tricia used to be Kaycee's mentor and biggest inspiration. Kaycee would demonstrate at masterclasses and Tricia would take her around California to teach with her. They were like family until one day Kaycee stopped coming to class, stopped answering her texts almost as if she had disappeared off the face of the earth. Tricia had tried to reach out, but each time it was radio silence from Kaycee's end.

Kaycee stayed silent and Tahani knew she had gotten through to her. The warning bell rang, meaning they had one minute to get to class and Tahani latched onto Kaycee's arm before they split ways.

"Come over to my house after school, wear something you can move in." She demanded before disappearing back into the crowd.

So much for me having a say in this. Kaycee thought, trudging into her algebra class.

~

"So the first round of the audition is going to be learning a hip hop routine and then they will narrow it down for the second round and you will have to perform to a solo that you choreograph." Tahani announced from memory as the girl's sat in Tahani's at home studio in her garage.

"How did you convince me to do this again?" Kaycee asked, sliding into a perfect middle split.

"Because you love me. Also what the heck, Kaycee! You haven't danced in two years and you're still more flexible than me!" Tahani complimented, making Kaycee's cheek flush red.

"Why don't you show me what you have for your solo so far and I'll try to help." Kaycee suggested, standing up from the floor. Tahani smiled at her gratefully and for the next two hours, the girls cleaned and fixed Tahani's solo to perfection. Kaycee was smiling and laughing as they jokingly came up with silly moves and for a second she caught herself missing dance. The feeling of her body being an instrument, hitting different beats and movements and portraying the different emotions, the connection of it all. Dance was in her blood.

When Kaycee realized what was happening, her entire demeanor dropped and she remembered why she had quit in the first place. The accident.

Her sister Kylie was in the driver's seat, listening to Kaycee talk about her rehearsal with Tricia. Kylie had just turned 16 and started driving and was now responsible for picking up Kaycee from her late night rehearsals.

Kylie stopped at a red light before turning to watch a video Kaycee was trying to show her of her new solo. The two laughed when Kaycee started twerking in the sassy video, but their laughter was soon cut off as a semi-truck crashed into the car.

Kaycee had stumbled out of the car in shock, running to get help, but by the time the ambulance had arrived, Kylie was already dead.

"Kaycee are you alright?" Tahani repeated her question, watching as her best friend's eyes glazed over. Kaycee blinked a few times before taking a step back.

"I-I think I'm going to head home now Hani, I'm not feeling well. I'll see you at the audition." Kaycee stuttered before grabbing her things and walking home, which was two houses down from Tahani's.

Tahani watched her go sending a quick prayer to God, Please let me be doing the right thing.