Partners?//Ch.6

Kaycee drug herself to school on Monday, coffee in hand, feeling not at all ready to take on the day. She couldn't sleep last night as different scenarios of of the day would go unfolded in her mind.

She was in her own little bubble, listening to music as she squeezed past people in the hallway. When she finally made it to her locker she frowned. A pretty big group of people surrounded it, and in the middle of the group stood Josh Beauchamp and Sean Lew, leaning against her locker.

"Oh hell no," she muttered under her breath, swiveling around after deciding that she could survive a day without her textbooks. She was stopped however by a strong hand wrapping around her wrist, gently tugging her back.

Sean Lew stood there with Josh a step behind him, and motioned for her to take her earbuds out. She sighed but obliged, raising an eyebrow at the boys.

"Hey we were waiting for you." Sean proclaimed, nervously scratching the back of his head.

"Why are you talking to me?" Kaycee deadpanned.

"Oh, um I just wanted to talk to you, and I feel like I should apologize for Tate too." Sean professed, taken aback by the girl's cold tone. She had been so nice at the audition, what had changed?

"Don't bother, you didn't apologize for her before, why should you now? If you really didn't believe in what she was saying, you should have stood up to her. Listen you guys don't have to pretend to be my friends now because you know I dance, I don't want your pity." Kaycee wrenched her arm out of his grip, hating the fact that she already missed his touch.

"If you'll excuse me, I need to get to class." Kaycee snaped, swiftly stepping around the boys before disappearing into the sea of students crowding the hallway.

Josh let out a low whistle.

"Damn I've never seen a girl turn you down before, Sean. You really pissed her off" Josh commented throwing a arm over Sean's shoulders.

"Ya, I got that man, thanks." Came Sean's sarcastic response as he stared blankly at the spot the girl had stood moments before.

~

Kaycee had barely made it through the school day and had rushed to change for dance, seeing as she would have to walk two miles to where the studio was.

She made it to the studio thirty minutes early and was greeted at the door by a hug from Janelle. Kaycee sat in the back corner of the studio, stretching and finishing homework. About ten minutes later the boys appeared, shoving each other jokingly before plopping down next to her, greeting her with smiles like they were old friends.

"Hey Kaycee, how was your day?" Gabe chirped, nudging the girl to get her attention.

"Hey Gabe! It was alright, I didn't realize how long of a walk it was from school to here though. Took me a while." Kaycee giggled out, gently nudging Gabe back. Sean's jaw dropped accusingly, What so she was nice to his friends but not to him?

"You walked here? Kaycee are you crazy! You're in LA, you could have gotten kidnapped!" Gabe pointed out, while the others chimed their agreement. Kaycee set down her pencil and groaned in frustration, When would the other girls show up? This is way too much testosterone in one room.

"What else am I supposed to do Gabe? You know what my parents are like." Kaycee accused, ignoring the confused glances coming from the other boys.

"Wait, do you two know each other?" Sean butted in feeling a little bit jealous of Gabe's connection to her.

"Ya we used to be partners for a while until.." Gabe trailed off, uncertain of whether Kaycee would appreciate him sharing a important part of her past. Kaycee shot him a look and he changed the topic back quickly.

"Anyways Kaycee you can always catch a ride from me and Sean drives as well so I'm sure he wouldn't mind taking you. I'm just trying to help you out, If Tricia knew you were walking alone in LA....." Gabe spoke, watching Kaycee cringe at the thought of getting yelled at by her mentor.

"Ya I wouldn't mind driving you here." Sean spoke up, only to be completely ignored.

"I'll take you up on that, thanks Gabe." Kaycee snapped, aggressively shoving her homework into her school bag. The boys looked around, noticing the sudden tension between the two.

"Alright guys gather around! Time to rehearse!" Will thundered, walking into the studio with Bailey and Tahani trailing in close behind him.

"Where were you all day!" Kaycee whispered accusingly to Tahani as the group went through a warm up. Tahani kept her eyes glued to the mirror, watching her lines as she pulled her leg above her head, a position Kaycee was already holding.

"I was with the boys and Bailey, they invited us to eat lunch with them, but you weren't there. I texted you about it!" Tahani whispered back, giggling as a look of recognition passed Kaycee's face, she had forgotten about the text message and skipped lunch to dance in the empty studio at her school. 

"I totally forgot about the text, how was lunch?" Kaycee asked, switching legs.

"It was good, a little awkward without you though. Also, why does Sean think you hate him? He mentioned it at lunch."

Kaycee sighed, Of course he did.

"After the audition and talk with Tricia, I accidentally walked in on him comforting Tate. He saw me and Tate went off on me, saying how I didn't deserve to be on the team and he just stood there, which was fine, but then this morning he tried to apologize for her. Like if he really was against the way his girlfriend treats me, he would've stood up to her then. Ya know?" Kaycee kept her voice down, eyeing where he stood across the room, joking around with Julian.

"I'm sorry about that, Kaycee. Tate's a bitch and you know better than to believe any of the things she says, she's just jealous. And I agree with you, he shouldn't have just stood there and let Tate go off on you, you did nothing to deserve it."

"I know I said I wanted to come back to dance Tahani, but this is all a lot, really fast. I'm not sure if I'm ready." Kaycee confided, suddenly letting out what she had been thinking about all day, since Tate put the thoughts in her head.

Tahani dropped her leg from the stretch she was doing, suddenly, turning around to face Kaycee.

"I love you, but suck it up. You're an amazing dancer and you just need to accept it alright. Do you know how many people would kill to have the raw talent you have and don't even want? Just ignore everything and everyone and focus on yourself and doing what you love." Tahani's usual easygoing attitude was replaced with a stern one while she spoke to the stubborn girl in front of her, not even realizing she had raised her voice or had most of the room's attention until the music that was playing stopped. Everyone's eyes were glued to Kaycee she kept her head down, trying to hide the red that flushed to her cheeks.

"Alright everyone, if we are done with motivational speeches," Will started, shooting a pointed look at the two girls, "Let's get started. So this weekend we are attending a competition here in LA, this year we are going to be moving people around and grouping different people together to see what works. This week everyone is in the group number we are doing. For solo's, Kaycee a choreographer saw your audition and begged me to get the chance to work with you, her name is Zoi Tatopoulos, she will be choreographing your solo this weekend. Bailey and Kenneth, you guys will also have solo's this weekend. And I've been wanting to see this duet since the audition, Sean and Kaycee, you will be doing a hip hop fusion piece this weekend." Kaycee cringed at the word duet and mentally sighed at the workload.

Right she was going to be in three different numbers and also working with Tricia this week?

Someone start planning her funeral.