The Audition//Ch.2

The next day Kaycee forced herself to eat an apple as she walked to Tahani's house. They were supposed to leave from there and go to the audition together. Kaycee didn't know why she was so nervous, especially since she had already decided that if she made it, she was going to say no.

"There you are! Are you ready to go?" Tahani called as Kaycee walked into her living room, not even needing to knock since the two had know each other for so long.

"I guess. Are you ready? This is your big day!" Kaycee claimed, trying to be supportive of her friend.

"Yep! Let's do this thing!" Tahani dragged Kaycee into the back of her moms car. Tahani drilled her on the entire audition process she had memorized on the car ride to the studio, and how there were supposed to be a surprise guest judge to help with auditions.

When the girls arrived at the studio, it was already packed, hundreds of dancers from around the world sat talking and stretching as the girls squeezed into the crowded room, pinning numbers onto each other's shirts.

"Tahani, this is a lot of people" Kaycee whined, ringing her hands out anxiously. She glanced around the room, spotting the golden boys and several other popular girls from their school.

"Kaycee quit worrying, you're better than all of them, just relax and have fun ok?" Kaycee didn't have time to answer as clapping was heard from the front of the room, silencing everyone as they gathered in a huge circle around the choreographers.

Kaycee grumbled as Tahani dragged her to the front of the crowd and stopped frozen in her tracks when she saw who was clapping. Tricia Miranda, her old mentor, stood in the center of the floor, with two people Tahani claimed had claimed that owned the studio. Kaycee suddenly felt nauseous as Tricia started talking about the audition.

"So we are going to give you guys some time to warm up here in a second but right now I have a little problem. My assistant is running way late and won't make it in time so has anyone here taken my "look what you made me do" class?"

Before she was able to process the question, Tahani had raised Kaycee's hand in the air for her. Kaycee yanked it down quickly, but it was to late Tricia had already seen her.

"Kaycee Rice! Is that you? Oh my Gosh, come here, Munchie!" Eyes bore into Kaycee as Tahani pushed her forward, forcing her to walk up to Tricia. Tricia greeted her with a huge hug and everyone watched the interaction in shock.

Tricia Miranda was one of the biggest choreographers in the industry, and was a hard ass at that. People dreamed of getting a chance to work with her, so for her to call Kaycee out by name and greet her with a hug, meant something.

The golden boys watched in shock as the pretty girl from their school, pulled away from the Tricia Miranda. They were already apart of the team but Will insisted on them re-auditioning every year to keep things fair, so they were surprised they hadn't heard of a student or Tricia Miranda's. They had seen her around before and Tate, Sean's current fling, had teased her a few times before but they had no idea that she danced. And for Tricia to greet her like that, she must be good.

After pulling away from each other, Tricia turned her attention back to the room, "Alright now that I have my assistant, you guys have about 10 minutes to stretch before we learn the choreography, use your time wisely and good luck," Tricia announced, keeping one hand on Kaycee's shoulder as she spoke, as if she was scared that Kaycee would turn and run at any second.

The dancers scattered apart and Tricia swiftly pulled Kaycee into an empty hallway, turning an intense gaze on the young girl. "Ok I have so much to ask you and everything but we need to go over this choreography before the audition." Tricia spoke as she whipped out her phone, pulling up the choreography from the class Kaycee had assisted with two years ago.

"Are you warm?" Kaycee nodded her head and she started running through the choreography, remembering the dance perfectly.

Tricia shook her head in disbelief as the girl added in a crazy backbend to the freestyle part of the dance. She was still as flexible as she was two years ago and still hit every move with the same fierceness that made Tricia pick her out the first time she saw the girl.

Tricia made her run it several more times, correcting a few parts of the routine that were shaky, before leading her back into the studio. Kaycee heard several whispers as she walked by,
Who is she?
How does she know Tricia?
She can't be that good, she's a geek.
After hearing the last comment, Tricia put a hand on Kaycee's back, turning back to the class.

"Alright everyone, hope you all are warm by now. We are going to start by learning a fast hip hop routine, but first, Kaycee here is going to show everyone how it is done after relearning it in ten minutes!" Tricia called.

"Go prove them all wrong, Munchi." Tricia whispered to her, gently pushing Kaycee to the center of the floor. Everyone cleared the floor, leaving Kaycee standing alone in the center.

Kaycee started the routine, letting the music take her and everyone watched her in awe.

Sean Lew gaped at her as she finished the routine, tossing his hat onto the dance floor along with many others, in respect for her. She was phenomenal.

She giggled, picking his cap from several that people had tossed to her and put it on jokingly as Tricia turned off the music.

"Dude that was insane! Who is she?" Kenneth cried, as Kaycee returned to the front of the room, hugging Tricia once again.

"I don't know, but I'm going to find out" Sean declared, retrieving his hat from where Kaycee had left it on the floor.