0.3

I have been on the island for about a year now. Maui and I are very close. I was sitting on a rock late one night just watching the stars. Maui had already gone to sleep by now. I closed my eyes and breathed in the fresh salty air. I was calm and relaxed. Out of nowhere I felt difference in the air. I opened my eyes and slid of the rock. "Athena." I froze.

That was my grandma's voice.I turned around and saw her. My face lit up with a big smile and I ran to her. "Grandma!" I pulled away from her. "I see you chose the right tattoo, huh?" Yes I knew grandma had died. Grandma laughed. "Yes, now look at you. Have you mastered them all?" I smiled again."Yes I have. If you haven't guessed, I'm on Maui's island." She looked around. "Well, my dear, I have come to tell you that Moana is on her way. You must prepare." "Yes grandma." I hugged her again."I love you." she chuckled and hugged me back."I love you too." And with that, she disappeared.

The next morning I had just finished my shower after training and walked into the cave. Maui was almost finished with his statue but he was missing the nose. "Hey Maui." I said. "Hey Thena, can you get that rock, I need to get my nose done." I just hummed a yes and using my powers to pick up a rock he had shaped into the nose and put it where the nose should be. "Move the bottom a little to the right." He instructed. "K." I did that and fused the rock together. "Thanks." He fine tuned some things and climbed down from his makeshift ladder. "Nice, wanna go walk the beach?" He nodded. We walked to the main beach and when I looked in the water, my boat was gone. "No, your boat! It's gone!" Maui yelled.

"Ocean did you move my boat?" They nodded and I sighed. "OK." "What! Your boat is missing and your ok with it!?" I looked at Maui and crossed my arms."I have learned to trust oceans judgement. Now come on." He nodded and went back into the cave. "Where you going?"

"I'm going to go finish my hook." I nodded and walked all around the island and back to the main beach again. "Fish pee in you! All day!" That would be my little sister. I walked and got a good foot behind her and crossed my arms and leaned on my right leg. "You have such a way with words Mo." She froze. She turned around slowly.

When she saw me her eyes started to water. She then slammed into me, almost making me fall to the ground, and hugged me. She buried her face into my shoulder. I let a tear slip. I pulled away and caressed her cheek. "You have grown up beautifully." She leaned into my hand. "Where have you been! We all thought you were dead, sis."

I sighed. "The elemental gods and goddesses lost their power and had to give them to someone. That was me. When I turned sixteen, I had to leave. Grandma showed me that we were voyagers and told me the story. These past four years I have been mastering them all."

She nodded and I heard Maui start to walk towards us. Mo freaked and grabbed my hand and pulled me behind the boat. I rolled my eyes. She started whispering something.

"A boat." He lifted it up. "The god's have given us a-AHAHAHAH!!!" He dropped the boat on us. I pushed on the sand to get out of there. When I was standing up again, I facepalmed. He lifted the boat again and the chickens head came out of the sand. Moana was behind him pointing her oar at him and cleared her throat. Maui turned and the boat almost hit her in the head but she ducked. Mo put the oar down and started some speech.

That's when I realized that that's what she was whispering."Maui, shapeshifter, demi-god of the wind and sea, I am Moana o-" "Hero of men." Maui interrupted. "It's actually 'Maui, shapeshifter, demi-god of the wind and sea, hero of men.' I interrupted. From the top 'hero of men' go." Mo sighed. "I am Mo-" "Sorry, sorry, sorry. And women. Men and women. Both, all. Not a guy girl thing. You know Maui is a hero to all. You're doing great." Moana got frustrated. "No. I'm here to-" Maui slapped his forehead."Oh, of course, of course." He finally set down the boat. "Yes, yes, yes, yes. Maui always has time for his fans."

He took Mo's oar and grabbed the chicken. "When you use a bird to write with, it's called tweeting." He handed back her oar with a smile. "I know not everyday you get a chance to meet your hero-" He got cut off my my little sister hitting him in the stomach with the oar and pulling him by his ear. " You are not my hero. And I'm not here so you can sign my oar. I'm here 'cause you stole the heart of Ta'Fiti. And you will board my boat. Sail across the sea, and put it back."

"Alright you two, be civil." I said. "Thena!" Maui wined. I raised my eyebrow at Mo and she sighed and let him go. I winked at Maui and he knew what I was thinking. "Uhm, yeah, it almost sounds like you don't like me, which is impossible,because I got suck here for a thousand years trying to get the heart as a gift for you mortals so you can have the power to create life itself." Moana's face fell. "Yeah, so what I believe you were trying to say, is thank you." "Thank you?" Moana questioned. "You're welcomed." Maui said. I chuckled a bit and he winked at me and I shook my head. "What? No, no, no. I didn't- I wasn't- why would I ever-" Maui started chuckling at her rambling. "OK, OK." Maui started to sing.

While Maui distracted Mo, I started loading the boat and got it into the water. Soon I saw Maui run to the beach and look where the boat was. I giggled a bit. "Maui." I called. He looked over and his face lit up. He grabbed the chicken. He climbed on and started steering. "Boat snack." I shook my head at him. I sat down and leaned against the mast. He started to talk to mini Maui Then talked to the chicken "She is going to love it. An I'm going to love you in my bellay" he put down some seeds and the chicken started pecking the boat."So anyway, what did you do with her?" Maui smiled pridefully."Put her in our cave and blocked it off." I rolled my eyes. Idiot. "She is going to get out."

"Nah"

"She is going to push off your statue, decapitate it, and get out through the gap in the ceiling." When I finished we turned to look at the island hearing Moana battle cry and belly flop on the water. She came up and looked at Maui. "I could watch that all day." I rolled my eyes. "OK, enjoy the island. Maui and Athena out!" I heard her yelling after us.

I rolled my eyes again, stood up and stood next to Maui, then flicked my hand, causing the water to grab her and put her on the boat. "Did not see that coming." Maui said. "She turned around, causing her hair to hit her in the face. I covered my mouth to not laugh. "I am Moana, of Motunui. This is my canoe and you will journey to t-AH!" Maui had thrown her off the boat. This time ocean got her back. "And she's back." He turned to me. "Are you doin' this?" "First time I did, second was the ocean."

"I am Moana-" Maui made the tip of the boat go up knocking her off again. She was put back behind us. We turned around. "It was Moana, right?" "Yes" she sighed. "And you will restore the heart." Maui took it and threw it. I hit him on the back of the head."Ow!" The heart came back and hit him in the forehead. I started laughing really hard. I calmed down and he stood up. "Alright I'm out." and dove. I walked over to Mo. "3....2...1..." And he was back on the boat. "Ah come on." He got sprayed in the face and I chuckled at him. "What is your problem? Are you scared of it." "Mo stop it." She ignored me. "No, no. I'm not afraid of it." Mini Maui said otherwise. "Stay out of it or your sleeping in my armpit. You stop it that is not a heart it is a curse. The second I took it I got blasted out of the sky and I lost my hook, GeHet It AwaHay from me."

"Get this away." I was becoming increasingly angry at Mo. "Mo, leave it." "Yeah, hey, I'm a demi-god ok? Stop that. I will smite you. You wanna get smote? Smoten?" Maui got frustrated and stood up. "Look, that thing doesn't give you powers to create life. It's a homing beacon of death.If you don't put it away bad things are gonna come for it." Moana was doubting Maui. "Come for this? The heart? This One Here? COME AND GET IT!""

"MOANA!" She froze. So did Maui. When she turned around she met my fiercest glare, she looked down almost immediately after seeing it. "You must listen to me clearly. Do not underestimate the ocean. Nowhere is safe. With that out in the open, many evil things will kill us for it. So I advise you, little sister, to sit down and shut up. Am I understood." I said firmly. She only nodded looking down. "Moana." I repeated. "Yes I understand big sister." I saw Maui was confused, but before he could speak and arrow was shot at our direction. 

(1689 words)