0.8

Before the sun reached its highest peak in the sky, I began to make some food before we practiced. So I just went fishing and cooked them up and some fruit on the side. I woke up Moana up first with a kiss on the forehead and put the food in front of her nose. I did the exact same thing to Maui.

After we ate, we began practice. "Ok, let's try something small and easy." Mo suggested. "Now, remember, you haven't shape-shifted in a thousand years. Visualize your body changing its form into a beetle. Then do it." I instructed, looking right into Maui's eyes. Maui nodded and closed his eyes. Not a second later he turned into a small green beetle! Maui reopened his eyes and saw that he had changed into what he wanted. Maui stood up on his back legs and raised his top ones in the are. Then Hei-Hei ate him....but before he could, Maui turned back into himself and looked at Hei-Hei with a dead-panned expression with Hei-Hei hanging off his pointer finger. I burst into laughter and covered my mouth with my hand. Maui looked over and blushed a little bit. I chuckled as Mo took Hei-Hei off Maui's finger.

"Ok, now let go up in size." I said and mini Maui turned into a lizard. Maui nodded and instantly turned into a lizard. Maui walked over to where Hei-Hei was standing and flicked his tail, causing Hei-Hei to fly into the ocean. Mo and I looked down at Maui and shook our heads with smiles on our faces. The Ocean shot Hei-Hei back to us and he landed in Mo's arms.

Maui jumped off the boat, briefly transformed into himself and dropped into the water. I saw a flash of light and Maui, as a shark, jumped out of the water then transformed into a giant hawk. He flew around the boat and towards some rocks that rows far above the sea level and cut off to off their tops simultaneously transforming from his hawk form and normal form. Maui flew back to us and Mo and I were jumping in excitement, congratulating him. A look over took his face that I did not like and he transformed into a giant whale mid-air in front of the boat and dropped into the ocean, causing a big wave to splash us and the boat. When I looked up from wiping the water from my eyes, Maui was standing there looking proud of himself but something seemed to catch his attention. Mo and I followed his gaze and watched as Hei-Hei walked on the edge of the boat and fell in. We watched as he bobbed upside down for a few seconds before the Ocean picked him up, put him in a basket, put the lid on the basket, put the basket in a storage compartment and slam the door to the compartment closed before moving like they huffed and went back down.

Mo, Maui and I laughed at them. "Next Stop," I said, "Te'Fiti." Mo finished, handing Maui her oar. Maui looked at the oar to me. I gave him a nod and he flipped the oar around to were the handle side faced Mo. Mo looked at us with a disbelieving smile and took the oar and started to steer. Throughout the day, Maui really taught Mo everything he knew about way-finding while I sat and watched them bond.

A few hours later, Maui cam and sat next to me and leaned against the mast. "So, how are you?" He asked me. I chuckled at his attempt at small talk. "If I'm honest, I'm scared, worried, anxious." I replied. "Do you know why your feeling that way?" He asked, his face in a look of worry. "Yeah, I'm scared that either of you could get hurt, worried about what will happen and and anxious because of those things put together. I mean, I have been on my own for a few years and now my sisterly worrying is coming back now that Mo is here. Then I am worried about you as well." I answered him. "Me, your worried about me? Moana I get, but me?" Maui questioned. 

I smiled as I spoke, "Yes of course." I looked up into his yes, "I care about you Maui. A lot, and I don't ever want to see you hurt or suffering." I told him in complete sincerity. Maui looked a bit shocked. "I-I care about you too." He stuttered out."No, you really, really like me." I said, a small smirk on my face. Maui's face erupted into a tomato. "I-I-I..." He stuttered than looked at my face and sighed. "Ok yes, I, the Great Maui, do in fact like you. The only question is, do you like me back?" He asked, worry taking over his still red face. "Yes, I do. The real question is will you, the oh so great Maui, become my tama tama[1]?" I asked. His face got even redder and opened his mouth to speak. "Of course I will." and he smiled. "Just kiss already!" We heard Mo yell. Maui blushed again and I laughed and laid my head on Maui's shoulder.

Later that Night, Maui was above us hanging on the masted, trying to see over a fog that surrounded us. Maui looked back at Mo as she changed the way the sail was positioned. Mo looked up and saw him watching her. "What?" She asked. "I figured it out." Maui said as he jumped down and faced away from Mo. "You know the Ocean used to love when I pulled up islands. Because your ancestors would sail their seas to find them. All those new lands, new villages, it was the water that connected them all. If I were the Ocean, I think I would be looking for a curly haired, not princess, to start that again." He concluded. 

"That is seriously, the nicest thing you have ever said to me. Probably should have saved it for Te'Fiti." She said. "He did." I told her as I saw the outline of her island. "Moana of Motunui. I believe you have officially delivered Maui across the across the great sea." He said proudly. Then he started to quietly cheer for her. "Yeah! Moana, Moana. Your so amazing!" I walked over to them as they chuckled. "It's time little sis." Mo opened her necklace and took out the heart and handed it to Maui. A moment later, we heard a loud screech come from Te'Fiti's island. We all turned and saw lava. It was time to defeat this monster and save the world. Hopefully.

[1] tama tama- boyfriend 

(1120 words)