So... It's Come to This

You're just sitting peacefully on your bed, reading your favorite wattpad story (because this isn't a cliche opening, no sir-ee), when suddenly, something runs by your room.

Oh, did I mention it's midnight?

You shake your head thinking your just tired from having to slave over your exams when it happens again.

This time, you set down your phone and look both ways down the dark hallway. Nothing. You're about to go back inside your room when suddenly you again see something run, but this time, instead it walks past a curve in your hallway.

Not wanting to miss it, you run as quietly as is feasible (which means crushing your toes) and try to follow it past the curve, only to see it swinging closed a door you have seen before.

Totally normal midnight stuff.

Now, you have two choices here, reader. You can go back to your room, finish reading that painfully cliche bad boy romance, or you can clichely follow this strange creature.

Since it's my story, and I don't give two chicken heads what you think, you're doing the second one.

So, you walk over to this new mysterious gateway, place your hand on the black door knob. Your fingers curl around it and flinch just a second in hesitation before slowly opening the door.

"SURPRISE CUPCAKES!" a woman yells as she grabs you by the hand, drags you in, and shoves a cupcake into your face.

"Oops, sorry," she says.

You blink through the mess to see a girl who's appearance you don't really care about right now because your friggin' mad!

"What the heck was that for!" you yell.

"Oh, just a celebration!" she says.

"What celebration?"

"I never thought it would come to this," she says. She sniffs, takes out a handkerchief, and blows so hard it makes your nose hurt, "Have another cupcake!"

"I just want to thank you!" she says putting her arm around you, "For all the time you've taken to read these stupid stories!"

"What?" you ask.

"I'VE FINALLY HIT A THOUSAND VIEWS THANKS TO YOU!" she screams way to close into your ear.

"Um... you're welcome?" you say.

"HUGS!" she yells as she hug chokes you.

"Ok, please stop!" you say,

"Oh, sorry," she says and finally lets you go, "I should probably let you go home now. But I just want to savor this moment."

You count to five slowly.

"Will that do?" you ask.

"I suppose it will have to," she says, "Here, just take this with you."

"Next time, I should give out party favors," you mumbled as you slowly back away towards the door, "I hope they like the cringe I put into those cupcakes..."

Yeah, you're bolting. And never follow mysterious things you see in the middle of the night, ever, again.

Unless she puts her self esteem into her some cookies. And sprinkles.

-

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR READING! :D

As a REAL prize, how about you all vote for which genre you want to see next?

Regular One Shot

Victorian Historical Romance

Poetry

If no one votes... I'll probably do nothing about it.

Thanks again!