Chapter 2

The Dollmaker | Chapter 2

The sole reason Sarah stayed long enough for the young Genins to notice her was because of the two inhuman presences she felt. One from Minato's descendent and the other from the one who introduced himself as 'Gaara'.

There was a slight pause as the two parties took in Sarah.

"Who are you?!" It was Sakura that broke the silence; she felt intimidated by the hooded figure. All that was visible of hooded the lean figure were long violet locks thus the pinkette assumed it was a girl.

Even though the Genins and team Konohamaru flinch back at the pinkette's loudness, they were all—some mentally—curiously waiting for the mysterious girl's answer. She seems rather suspicious with two little creatures on her shoulders; both of whom were growling at them.

Naruto openly hawked at the rare violet hair that spilled out of her hood. This was the first time he's seen such color. It was quite unique. The lightest shade of violet with a hint of pink undertone. It was a beautiful color. What made it all the more tempting to reach out and touch was how silky, shiny, and soft the gentle strands looked.

Yuji sneered at the pinkette for speaking to his master with a rude tone, making Sakura yelp back and hide, clinging to the Uchiha—much to Sasuke's displeasure.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...Say something!" Sakura yelled in frustration, getting over her fear of the small creatures on her shoulder to glare at the violette. What's wrong with her?

"None of your concern, weakling." Her harmonious voice rang through the silence causing sharp intakes.

Sakura's eyes twitched while her glare deepened. Who the hell does she think she is embarrassing me in front of Sasuke-kun?! Screamed 'inner' Sakura indignantly but decided against voicing it out. She wanted to keep some dignity in front of her beloved Sasuke-kun.

"Hey! You don't get to talk to Sakura-chan that way!" Naruto quickly interrupted. He wanted to defend his crush while also bringing the attention back to him. Without much thought, Naruto began running towards the girl with a strange battle cry. The blond thought this was his chance to look cool in front of the pinkette. Although he had no intention of hurting the girl, he just wanted to scare her a bit to prove he was just as cool as Sasuke-teme. 

It didn't occur to him that attacking a defenseless girl was considered anything but cool. He was indeed very knuckleheaded.

Sarah blinked as the boy came closer and closer by the passing seconds. Although she looked like she couldn't care less from an outside's perspective based on her still form, she was anything but on the inside. She didn't know what to do; she wanted to see the boy's strength on one hand and on the other, if the boy were to unleash too great of power, she would be vulnerable as she is physically too weak and frail. Most importantly, she didn't want to hurt someone who looks so much like her Minato. 

Nao and Yuji also grew nervous, knowing her situation. They finally decided to transform back, but they were a few seconds too late.

Everything seems to be moving in slow motion. Before Sarah could come to a conclusion or form words, she was tackled by none other than the blond, brainless ninja himself causing her hood to fall, spilling her long hair—which reached her hips—all around her in waves. She felt somewhat helpless, knowing a weak but powerful person was on top of her. His hands somehow landed an inch below her bust and his right knee ended up between her thighs as he was trying to hold himself up. He didn't want to crush the girl under his weight.