Chapter 3

The Dollmaker | Chapter 3

-Sarah-

Those two Genins were strange. That boy... his eyes were filled with life yet beneath his chakra, there was a red, almost unlimited amount of chakra. The redhead, on the other hand, his face was emotionless with blood lust eyes that send shivers down one's spine.

This village is indeed special. No wonder he picked it.

Sarah could feel the happiness building up in the pit of her stomach at the thought of seeing him again. He's the only one capable of making her so emotionally weak yet she couldn't find it in herself to dislike the feeling. In fact, she rather liked it. Emotions are weaknesses but these unwanted feelings towards him are what made her willing. Strong.

Sarah knew d-day is approaching; she must await his command. Soon. Soon. She can see him again.

Every time his beautiful yet animalistic orbs gaze into hers, she found that he looks sorrowful and filled with grief. She has yet to find the reason but Sarah is more than certain it involves that girl with a similar appearance as her. Sarah knows she has been, and perhaps always will be that girl's substitute but Sarah doesn't mind nor care as long he smiles. His smiles give her hope and childish innocence. Something that should have been lost long ago.

The only use Sarah has is her ability to create armies of dolls. Her dolls are unique; they have human emotions. Depending on the type of monster Sarah decides to create with her limited chakra, they will gain those abilities. Despite being newborns in an adult body, they are fast to learn. However, they require training and guidance. One of their only weaknesses is that they never last longer than a couple of years before withering away like ashes in front of her.

When a doll dies, Sarah feels nothing. But tears flow naturally like it's something she is obligated to do. Like their connection with her broke and there is not a trace they once existed. Sarah hated that.

Sarah has had many dolls that love her as their creator yet sometimes her ability scares her. The moment someone even glances at Sarah the wrong way, the dolls get irate to the point they become violent. Like an enraged animal. The only way they calm themselves is by getting rid of the threat. When they lose control, not even Sarah can control them despite making them with her own hands and chakra. Sarah could only watch as they kill more and more people. What they wouldn't do to protect her. Even though... even though Sarah wanted...

She hopes one day, she can finally be free of this nightmare and welcome death peacefully. Sarah didn't know why she felt this way but she just did.

✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥

-Yuji-

Today is the day of the Chunin exam or whatever. Yuji honestly doesn't give a rat's ass about it. But since it interest Sarah-sama, it is now his interest too.

Yuji could already feel the wide grin on his lips from just the thought of her. She is the most amazing huma- Doll ever. She took Yuji in when no one even glanced at the dirty boy by the road. Sarah-sama is kind. Almost too kind. It worries him. She is willing to give up everything to complete this mission.

Yuji worries one day she'll disappear from my life. He refuses to allow that to happen; Yuji intends to use every part of his being to protect her against the shinobi world. They will surely take interest in her once they find out about her ability. That terrifying ability. That cursed ability costs her her life.