Chapter 10

The Dollmaker | Chapter 10

Two figures were seen in an isolated area. One kneeling before the other, who was leaning back against a wall. 

"The prelims have ended and they will begin the finals." At a closer look, the first man was a certain snake Sannin's right-hand man, Kabuto.

"It's become so serene." the other was said Sannin. "No... it's really become accustomed to peace in a time when it's the other countries ate busy strengthening their forces." Orochimaru refered to Konoha.

"Could we take it now?" Kabuto stood to his feet.

"Well, yes. Though I'm not sure there will be much fun in taking the head of that geezer."

"In that so?"

Orochimaru took note in his expression as Kabuto said that; his snake-like eyes narrowed.

"It seems to me that you are still hesitant to act."

The sickly pale man didn't comment. After all, even he knew he was hesitating. 

"Orochimaru-sama," Said Sannin looked to Kabuto to continue, "This... Sarah person, who is she to you?"

Orochimaru stilled. Sarah. Sarah. Right. That's the new name she goes by. The beautiful Doll was everything Orchimaru wanted. Once.

The very being that taught him so much. The very being that seemed undefeatable, beyond the reach and comprehension of shinobis- humans.

Yet, she was defeated by the most mundane sickness.

There was a lot Orochimaru could say about the woman with long, pure violet hair that seemed like silk, porcelain skin that looked so impossibly pain, blood-red lips-

Orochimaru stopped that train of thought.

Seeing as how Kabuto was still waiting for a response, he answered, "It's not time for you to know yet. Now, about Sasuke..."

Focusing on the task in hand, the two continued to discuss their future plans involving one of the last Uchiha alive.

✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥

After the long speech on the last scheduled matches, they were asked to pick a piece of paper inside a box.

Nao and Yuji, now in their animal form, watched as Sarah reached a slim hand inside and pulled out a number.

Once all the remaining genins picked a number, the Hokage said, "All right, now I will reveal to you the final tournament!"

"Huh?! That's what we drew numbers for?!" They shouted in disbelieve.

"Now Ibuki, show them the match arrangements."

"Yes."

Uzumaki Naruto vs Hyuuga Neiji

Gaara vs Uchiha Sasuke

Kankuro vs Aburame Shino

Temari vs Nara Shikamaru

Sarah vs Diosu Kinuta

'Oh man, looks like I'm against someone troublesome.'