Chapter 5

Ship: Nerd!Namjoon | BadGirl!Reader
Description: From the moment you saved Namjoon, you had him hooked. But the question is- are you worth all of the trouble you bring?
Warnings: Triggering, Mentions of Rape, Death, Violence, Dark Themes, Not for those who are easily disturbed
Word Count: 4,943
A/N: Only one more chapter after this! Shit finally got real, yay!

Namjoon woke up, the feeling of a hand being pressed against his shoulder, shaking him to consciousness. He arose, his mind hazy, still not fully awake. Rubbing his eyes and peering at the figure, he stared up at you, your eyes puffy and red, tears streaming down your face.

"What's wrong?" he asked, sitting up. He reached up to brush his thumb up to your cheek, wiping away a fat tear, feeling how it swept down across his finger and into his palm. You gave him a weak smile. Never before had he seen you so broken. And to think, just a few days you looked and seemed invincible. "Did something happen?"

You shook your head, grasping his hand in yours, leaning your cheek into his palm, rubbing closer to him. "No. Nothing happened," you said quietly, giving a tight-lipped smile as you embraced his touch. "I think I just realized I like you far more than I care to admit."

Namjoon sucked in a breath, feeling how you caressed him, your touch much softer than he was used to. "If I knew telling confessing to you would get you this upset, I wouldn't have said it," Namjoon winced, giving you a worried expression.

You peered at him from behind your lashes, your eyes soft. "Nams, don't regret that. I'm glad you did. You're... you're honest. I admire that. I wish I could be more like you."

"Really? A lot of the time I want to be more like you. You seem confident and sure of yourself and what you want," Namjoon murmured.

"Yeah... what I want," you muttered softly, retracting from his touch. "Thanks for the reminder."

"What's wrong?" Namjoon dropped his hand, staring up at you in confusion.

"Nothing," you sighed. "I just need to compose myself, that's all. Let me put on a face of makeup. I don't think I really feel like myself without it, honestly." You let out a dry laugh, but Namjoon felt unsettled. "You should get changed. I'll take you on a tour of the town today."

Namjoon watched you disappear into the restroom once again, and he began to change into the spare clothes he brought in his bag. Tour. He had completely forgotten about your promise to let him view the sights of the tiny town. But honestly, what was there to see? It seemed as boring as any other place. Well, something had to be special about it for you to return to it time and time again.

Namjoon found himself wondering if it had anything to do with Yoongi.

He shook his head at the thought, pulling up his trousers. He found himself repeating your words in his mind. I think I just realized I like you far more than I'd care to admit. What did you mean by that? Did it mean you felt the same? He found that hard to believe, especially in the short time the two of you had spent together. Besides, what was so special about him?

With that, the bathroom door opened, revealing you with a cocky smirk and red lipstick. In your mouth dangled a cigarette, and you brought a lighter from your back pocket to light the end. There you were. That seemed a lot more like you. Your cheeks were dry now, and you had that magnetic aura once again.

"I think I just needed another one of these babes," you gestured to the stick, letting the smoke drift from your mouth as you spoke. "Had one this morning. Makes me feel a lot better, really."

"Yeah. That's good," Namjoon nodded. He was glad you had gathered yourself after what appeared to be a post-metal breakdown. He tied his shoes and yanked on a t-shirt, combing his hair back with his hands. "I'm ready to go if you are."