Chapter 6

Ship: Nerd!Namjoon | BadGirl!Reader
Description: From the moment you saved Namjoon, you had him hooked. But the question is- are you worth all of the trouble you bring?
Warnings: Triggering, Death, Violence, Dark Themes, Suicidal Tendencies Hinted At, Indicated Self Harm
Word Count: 3,577
A/N: Last chapter! The ending I've been waiting for! Wahhhh!

"The lie detector doesn't appear to be... er... lying," the officer gulped, staring at the results. Officer Seokjin and Jimin stood before him. They had turned in the possible-cannibal for questioning to the closest police station, they held the man in custody there for the entire night. Of course, it took some explaining towards the police of the town, who were rather reluctant to take him in. Though once he was admitted briefly to the hospital for drug testing, which came in positive for various substances, they were more ready to take him in for further interrogation.

After a lie detector test asking simple questions, they began the one on one interrogation. The man came breaking down, a nervous wreck. Apparently, he and a few others had done a lot of drugs and such and eventually got into the dark web. The dark web was a hidden layer of the internet where the cruelest and sickest parts of humanity were shown.

The man spoke of various horrors he and the others had seen on the site. From infants having each limb tied to the backs of cars before they all drove off in different directions, to sites listing extremely detailed descriptions of ways to cook and prepare a female body for consumption.

One of the men in the group was inspired by a serial killer he had done research on, by the name of Albert Fish. Apparently, he was a notorious cannibal who kidnapped, raped and ate children. Another of their friends said a cousin of his had to go to a country that was lacking in food, and so they ate others to survive, and the cousin developed a craving for it. Curiosity consumed some, and pure maliciousness others. They collectively decided to try it out and found a man by the name of Min Yoongi who sold various body parts and prepared them, so long as the customers were willing to pay and visit the small town he resided to.

They had continued business with the man for many months. They never asked questions, like who were the people they ate, or how he got the body. They just knew what they needed to. Each other's name and the cost.

At some point, the man described the consumptions in such graphic detail that Officer Jimin had to run out of the room to vomit. The other officers in the station were absolutely mortified, shocked that something like this could be taking place in such a small town. Nothing ever happened here. Or so they thought.

A day had passed, and they were already filling a warrant for just in case to invade Yoongi's home. The police granted the two visiting officers access to the case since they found the cannibal and such.

"What brings you two here anyway?" the man questioned, staring up at the two.

"We're looking for two college students- one's missing, and another's reported to visit here," Jin says, seeing how Jimin already gets the folded pieces of paper from his pocket. He had already forgotten all about the case they were originally pursuing, having decided this was a much more serious matter. But they could always continue the pursuit of the two young adults at a later time. Right after they get behind this cannibalism case.

Jimin slides the crumpled posters towards the man, the two bright, smiling faces staring at him. The man picked them up, humming to himself.

"I've seen the girl around alright," he grunts. "Dunno much about her, but a pretty face like that isn't something you see often here. But now that I think about it..." He ducks underneath his desk and the sounds of zippers becoming undone are heard before he pulls up a laptop, tapping away at the keys. He turns it around to face the two officers.