Chapter 2| No Control

"And I don't care it's obvious
I just can't get enough of you"

E V I E

My alarm rings and I turn around to turn it off. I get up and rub my eyes. I'm excited to go to school because I have new friends. I take a shower and brush my hair and teeth. I put on my clothes and go to the kitchen to have breakfast.

 I put on my clothes and go to the kitchen to have breakfast

The kitchen was empty and there was a note on the fridge:

Good morning, honey! We had to leave early for work. Maybe you can ask one of your friends to drive you to school or you can go walking as the school isn't very far. We love you!

-Mom and dad.

I guess I'm walking to school, yay! I eat an apple and then put on my shoes and start my short walk to school. I finally reach the school and see Connor and Matthew leaning against a black and expensive-looking car. I walk over to them.

"Hi, Connor!" I greet. "Hi, Matthew!"

"Hey, Sunshine!" Matthew replies but Connor just nods, acknowledging my presence. I frown at that.

Matthew seems to notice my upset state because he says, "What do you have first, Sunshine?"

"I have homeroom A24 and then Art!" I reply excitedly.

"Connor and I have the same homeroom but I have music after homeroom. Connor has art though."

The bell for homeroom rings. Matthew, Conner and I walk to homeroom together our conversation not once faltering. well, Conner wasn't saying anything, he was glaring at people in the hallway. After homeroom, Matthew went to his music class with a guy in our homeroom class while Conner and I went to art. I tried starting conversations but he'd either ignore me or shrug.

"Did I do something wrong?" I ask frowning while trying to suppress my tears.

He turns around quickly, shocked he says, "What? No! No, of course not!"

"Then why are you ignoring me? I must've done something wrong."

"No, princess, you did nothing wrong. I just don't want to get you involved in my fucked up life."

"That still doesn't explain why you're ignoring me and you said a bad word!"

"Ignoring you was the only way to keep you away because god knows how much I won't be able to stay away from you."

I blush from his flattery, "What if I don't mind being in your messed up life?"

"Then that would relieve me."

The bell for the first period rings and we rush to class.

"Good morning, class. Settle down." The art teacher says. "Today I want you all to go crazy creative and draw and paint something that represents you. Then, next class you will present to the class your drawing and explain why it represents you."

I know exactly what to do. I pick out my colours and start sketching out the drawing on the canvas. I turn to look at Conner, he looked confused as he stared at the colours.

"Why are there so many types of the same colour? What's the difference between Canary Yellow and Cadmium Yellow?" He asks.

"Different colours create different emotions and pictures for both the viewer and the painter. For example, Cadmium Yellow could make someone think of happiness whereas Canary Yellow could make someone think of freedom." I explain.

"Makes sense, I guess."

_*_*_*_

I thought I posted this on Saturday but it turns out I didn't and when I went back to post it THE WHOLE CHAPTER WAS DELETED!!! So, now I'm up at 1:35 AM to do this.

But anyway, have a nice Tuesday/Monday my doods!