Chapter 3| Happier

"My friends told me one day I'd feel it too
I could try to smile to hide the truth
I know I was happier with you"

C O N N E R

I jump out of my seat as the bell for lunch rings.

Finally.

Matt and I skip the lunch line and get our oily cafeteria food. I find Evie sitting at a table with two other girls. We sit down with them, Matt next to a girl with mint coloured hair and me next to Evie.

"Hey, Sunshine and two other girls I have yet to discover the names!" He greets, obnoxiously loud.

I notice Evie's missing lunch, "Aren't you going to eat?"

"No, I'm vegetarian and nothing in the cafeteria is vegetarian." She replies.

"They have a salad."

"It has tomatoes and I'm allergic to tomatoes."

"Wait," Matthew interrupts. "So you can't eat pizza?"

"No," Evie says. "I think pizza's overrated anyway."

"Pizza is NOT overrated, it is my child! I am so not talking to you."

She frowns and starts tearing up, "Matt, you better talk to her now or so may God have mercy on you if she starts crying."

He turns back around, "I'm sorry, Sunshine, I'll talk to you again just don't cry."

Evie immediately stops crying and smiles, "I accept your apology!"

Damn, my girl is a leech.

"So," Her mint haired friend starts. "Evie, are you going to introduce us to your greek god friends?"

"Oh, yes!" Evie says. "That's Conner and Matthew. Conner, Matthew, these are my friends, Brooklynn and Dunya."

Dunya waves at us. Matthew made it his mission to annoy the shit out of Brooklynn while Dunya and Evie chatted amicably. I just sat there admiring the beauty of my princess. The bell rang signalling the end of lunch.

"What do you have now, princess?" I ask.

"Umm," She quickly checks her schedule. "Theology."

"I have biology but I'll walk you to class."

I make a mental note to change my schedule so that it fits hers. We arrive at her class and I quickly kiss her cheek. She blushes and mutters a see you later. I smile at her cuteness.

E V I E

There was only one empty seat left in Theology and it was next to a boy with brown hair and blue eyes. I smile at him and he smirks back with a weird look coating his eyes.

"Name's Jackson. What's yours, doll?" Jackson says.

I ignore the annoying nickname, "Evie."

The class went by quickly with Jackson there for me to talk to. Soon it was the end of the day and Jackson was walking me to the locker.

Our conversation was cut off by an angry-looking Conner, "Why are you with him?"

I reply confused, "We're friends, we met in my Theology class."

"I don't want you talking to him anymore, Evie." He says sternly.

He called me Saffron, not princess. I try not to show the effect of his actions when I speak, "Why?"

"I'm standing right here." Jackson reminds us.

"Then leave," Conner says angrily.

"That's rude!" I gasp but Jackson storms off anyway.

"I know what Jackson's like and I'm sure he has different intentions than being friends." He answers my previous question.

His judgement makes me slightly angry, "He is not like that. He was nice to me the whole time."

"I don't want to argue with you, princess," He sighs. "Does he make you happy?"

I nod.

"Okay, I don't want us to argue." He kisses my forehead and then leaves.

I leave shortly after he does. I talk to my parents then I call Cameron. After dinner, I watch Netflix in my room and then go to sleep. That night I had one of those epic dreams that felt lucid.

_*_*_*_

I'm supposed to be asleep but it's fine because I love my readers.

Love you my doods!

Update: Yeah, I know late update but I'm sick and I slept through the whole day and so I wasn't able to post this so here it is. Better late than never, right?