Chapter 5| Sandstorm

"Look down!
you're talking to your highness.
can't see me, I'm the reason for your blindness.
They try this, but I'm too classy for your alliance.
Got my double cups up, that's the reason that I'm like this"

E V I E

I wake up earlier than usual today but I don't mind. I take a shower brush my teeth and wet hair. I get dressed and let my hair dry into its natural beach waves. I put on my nude ballet flats and eat my breakfast.

 I put on my nude ballet flats and eat my breakfast

"Good morning, Cam." I say as I enter the kitchen. The smell of French toast hits me as soon as I do so.

"Morning." He replies. He's in one of his morning moods.

"Where's mum and dad?"

"Work." I nod in return.

After breakfast, I bid him goodbye and go to school. When I reach Connor, matt, Brooklynn and Dunya waiting for me at my locker.

"Good morning!" I greet everyone with a big smile.

"Good morning." Everyone replies with smiles of their own except for Conner.

Though I felt it was kind of rude what Conner did I still kept the smile on my face and I plan to keep it on my face all day. I open my locker and get my books out for the day. When I'm done getting my book and putting them in my bag we sit outside to talk while waiting for the bell to ring and head to class.

* * *

In the middle of lunch, I realise that I mistook my geometry notebook for my physics notebook.

"I'm going to my locker. I forgot my physics notebook." I say as I get up.

Everyone nods, "Okay."

I grab my stuff and make my way to my locker. I open my locker and all of a sudden it closes harshly as I reach in to grab my notebook. I manage to get my hand out in time before the door crushes my hand but I still get a nasty gash from the sharp corner of the metal door. I wince and feel tears building up in my eyes from the pain.

I turn around and see a girl with dyed blonde hair (i can see her roots peeking out) and blue eyes. Next to her was Jackson smiling down at me, I smiled back. She looked beautiful and she was taller than me. She had her hand on my locker and she was glaring down at me. I look up and smile at her.

"Hi!" I say, trying to be nice even though she was trying to kill me with her eyes.

"Stop trying to act nice!" She snaps.

My eyes widen, "I-I'm sorry."

"You're such a sneaky bitch." I direct my gaze to the ground.