Chapter 9 - Locked Up Lioness

"So?" Liv asked in the corridor. "What now?" She was still a bit shaky from the rush of adrenaline.

"Just as it happened before." His voice wasn't exactly happy, more like worrying. Ben took a sharp turn towards the hangar. "Negotiations."

"We're not that good in talking and politics." Rey sighed.

"But Leia is." Just at that moment they entered the hangar and saw a Resistance ship arrive.

Rey noticed Poe in the pilot's chair. So it wasn't just Leia. The ramp opened and the General stepped out with elegance. She looked around, inspecting carefully. Closely behind her were Finn and Poe. The moment Rey saw her friends, she rushed up to them, jumping in their necks.

Ben felt something really strange. He didn't feel that relieved. He saw Rey hugging Finn with a smile. He felt confused, sad and angry at the same time. He was jealous. Wait, what? He can't be jealous. Why would he be anyway. Rey is no one and she has nothing. He on the other hand is the Supreme Leader. He has power, while she only has friends. But she seemed so happy. Maybe friends are all you need. No, that's ridiculous.

He was pulled back from his thoughts as Leia greeted him. "I heard you did great." She looked into his son's eyes with warmness. "I'm proud of you." She was smiling.

Liv was glad about her mother's coming, and wanted to tell her everything that happened, but she and Ben were noticeably in the middle of a great and sensible conversation.

"Why are you still here?" She looked up at Plato, who was standing by her side.

"I'm your personal guard, remember?" A tiny smile.

"They're not going to attack me." Liv playfully rolled her eyes. "They're my friends."

"They won't." His tone became strict. "But someone else might, and I'm sure that a plus saber is always useful."

"Do you-" She tried to hide her worry, but failed. "Do you think it might happen?"

"If we're careful enough no harm will come." He moved closer.

Ben's and Leia's conversation was slowly coming to and end and Rey's sudden rash of cheer started to fade. They knew what was coming next. The one thing no one talked about and wanted to ignore, but sadly couldn't. Ben was the first one to look. Right into Poe's eyes. The Pilot felt his stinging stare and faced him. Ben was trying to stay blank and considered, while Poe's eyes were fierce as always. He bit his lips and slowly stepped closer. The hangar was ghost-quiet. All eyes were fixed on the two. It seemed like Rey was whispering something, yet no words came from her mouth.

Now Poe and Ben were standing right in front each other. Their fist clenched, teeth gritted. They were curious who would give in first and hold out his hand. But for everyone's surprise they reached out at the exact same moment.

They mistrustfully stared until Ben started. "Welcome aboard the Luxe, Captain Dameron." He was trying really hard not to punch him.

Poe hesitated for a moment. He thought Ben wouldn't actually do it. Wouldn't unify with the Resistance and bring peace. "Thank you." He didn't know what to say or do, he glanced at Leia for help.

"I think we're ready." Her calming voice was especially useful in these risky times.

Ben once again was storming through the empty corridors, leading the little peace squad, Liv right behind him. This was all too familiar for her. Ben ordered the officers into the conference hall and tried to have only the least amount of troops. Liv couldn't help, but to turn her attention towards Rey. It seemed like she was trying to explain something with her great gestures, but the boys looked doubtful. And Liv couldn't miss those sceptical and vengeful glances.