1

"What do you mean we are leaving?!" I yell at my adopted mother Marilla. 

She reaches out to grab my hand but I jerk my hand back, "Anne, they were bad men that I should have never let into our lives. Because of their criminal acts, they are being forced to leave and so are we. God, Anne, I wish we didn't have to go but we cannot argues against the law." Tears begin forming in Marilla's eyes and I can tell that I've hurt her.

"I'm sorry," I whisper. She pulls me into a hug and we both cry in our empty home. After a few moments, we release and I ask, "how many more days do we have?"

"One. Today. We leave at 10pm," Marilla replies and I begin crying again. One day, that's all I have in this amazing town. I have to make this day count, do everything that I love before its all gone.

As if Marilla can read my mind, she says, "Go. Be home by 9." I grab my favourite green bomber jacket, my phone, my headphones, my purse and run out of the house. 

I run to my favourite place in all of Avonlea, the library. It's located right next to an adorable bakery so the library smells like fresh baked goods. I head inside the library and begin looking around at the filled bookshelves and the beautiful stacks of books.

I plug in my headphones and begin playing one of my new favourite songs (I have a lot of favourites) which is called Church (A/N the song linked above). As I'm listening, I get lost in the beat and begin dancing around the library. Thank god there weren't any people around. As I'm dancing around, I bump into a stack of books and curse to myself. I pause my music and get on my knees to pick up the books that fell.

I begin picking up the books when someone else joins me. I look up and see only their hair. It's brown with a million short curls. The person looks up and his hazel eyes stare right into my green ones. His face is perfect, too perfect. He looks like one of those guys who can break a million girls' hearts and not give a damn about it.

"Hi," he says. I remain silent and continue putting the books back into their beautiful pile. I cannot deal with him right now, its already bad enough that I have to leave today. I don't need the guilt of meeting someone then needing to leave them on the same day. 

Once the books are put back in their pile, I leave the library without saying a word. 

"Hey miss? What's your name