I walk past Marilla and straight to my room. I quickly shove all of my folded clothes into my large suitcase and all of my other belongings. It probably would've taken me an hour to pack this stuff but because of my anger it took me 5 minutes. I walk back to the door with my suitcase and my backpack.

"Goodbye Marilla," I say coldly. 

"Anne, please. You can't leave. You're all that I got," she cries. 

"You should've thought about that before you chose some criminals over me!" I scream back. Tears rush down my cheeks. I grab my suitcase with one hand and Gilbert's hand with my other and leave. 

I cry all the way to Gilbert's apartment. While we're walking, Gilbert tells me that everything's going to be okay and stuff but I ignore him. I can't believe her. How many more lies were there that I didn't know about? Was I not enough for her? I knew that she wanted a boy instead of a girl, but she stuck with me regardless. 

We stop in front of a small building with maybe 5 floors.

"This is it," Gilbert says. I smile for the first time in what feels like forever. We enter the building and Gilbert leads me to the elevator. We exit at floor 2 and walk down the long hallway.

"Thank you, Gilbert," I say. He stops in the hallway to face me. 

"There's nothing for you to thank me for. I should be thanking you for making today the best day of my life. I have never met anyone like you who I've felt such a connection to," he replies. 

"Connection?" I ask. 

He laughs and rubs the back of his neck, "I'm not sure about it either. Maybe its a psychology thing."

"Or its this," I say and kiss him. He freezes for a moment, then I feel him relax and kiss me back. I feel like this is the real weight that's being lifted off of my chest. After about 30 seconds we release from the kiss. 

"It's probably that," Gilbert says and we laugh. We continue to walk down the hallway and he stops in front of a door. 244. 

He takes out a key and unlocks the door, "Welcome home."

I step into the apartment and its beautiful. Its mainly wooden but it has so many plants and colourful decorations around. 

"Wow," I whisper. This place is like a dream.

"Gilbert?" I hear someone call from one of the room.

Gilbert closes the door behind him, "Hi, Aunt. There's someone who I'd like for you to meet."

A woman walks towards us and looks at me. She looks like she's in her 40s but her clothes seem like something I would see someone on my campus wear. 

"Oh, you must be Anne. Gilbert told me that you were coming to stay for a while, which is perfect. I was about to change our spare bedroom into a storage room. I'm Hazel," she takes a step closer and holds her hand out for me to shake, which I do.

"Thank you so much for letting me stay here. I'm truly grateful," I reply. 

"I'll bring you to the room," Gilbert says as he takes my suitcase. I follow him to the spare bedroom, which is smaller than my old room but a perfect size. I always thought my old room was too big for me. 

Gilbert begins helping me unpack my belongings, but I can't help but look around the room. What did I do to deserve this?

"Gilbert?" I ask. He looks up from my suitcase and at me. "Thank you."

He rolls his eyes and comes closer to me, "How many times are you going to say it?"

"Until I am able to leave and pay for my own apartment, which will be soon. I already have some money saved up and I-" Gilbert cuts me off by kissing me. We kiss until we have to release for air.

There is so much that can change in one day.